USARoleplayers
Hello! To log in, type in your username and password.
If you do not have an account, why not register?
Just read the forum guidelines first before signing up to a whole world of creative amusement!

USARoleplayers is about bringing people together through their creativity and writing skills. It doesn't matter what you like, all sorts of roleplays are welcome on here. Roleplays allow the opportunity to meet new people and you might even discover something new yourself as words can be used to express our life. We welcome all sorts of creative minds here, no matter if you are a novice writer or an experienced one. There are many people here who are able to help you improve sentence structure, character development, and word choice. But most importantly, roleplaying is about having fun and connecting with others.

All the Roleplaying Possibilities are Up to You!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wanna know what's up? Check the Monthly News for updates!

It's 2016! Let's make it a year full of joy, laughs, and fun!
Know some cool roleplayers? Well, invite them to join USARP!
Are you new to USARP?! Don't be shy, we'd love to meet you the Introduce yourself area!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 36 on Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:04 am
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Gamble & Prosper
by DuskCorruption Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:08 pm

» Fairy Tail: The 7 temples
by Cat Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:23 pm

» Monthly News - October 2016
by Seek Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:29 pm

» The Nine Rulers
by Cat Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:16 am

» Stump the Pokemon Above You
by Swampurtz Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:57 pm

» Monthly News - September 2016
by Seek Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:23 pm

» Fairy Tail RPG Discussion & Characters (NOW ACCEPTING NEW CHARACTERS)
by Cat Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:03 pm

» Sengoku Wars
by Raven Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:40 am

» Holiday Happenins
by Raven Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:23 pm

» For the Fallen
by Alisaur Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:34 am

Check out our Affilates!

Share | 

The Last of Us - The Roleplay

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Brian
RP Laureate
RP Laureate

Humor : mr steal yo gurl

Roleplay Characters
Roleplay1:
Roleplay2:
Roleplay3:

PostSubject: The Last of Us - The Roleplay   Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:46 pm

The story begins with the sudden outbreak of a cordyceps-like infection that ravages the United States, which changes its human hosts into rabid, monstrous killers (AKA Zombies The infected are not zombies, they are very much alive.). In the twenty years that follow, much of civilization is destroyed by the infection with pockets of survivors living in either heavily-policed quarantine zones, independent settlements, or nomadic groups. On your journey to find weapons and ammunition, not only do you find allies (other role-players), but you also find a 14 year old girl named Ellie that was bit by a infected three weeks prior to when you found her, and is still alive and healthy. This leads you to believe that she may be the cure to the infection that has taken over the world.
It is your mission to find your way to safety with the girl without being killed by the infected, or other survivors.

Throughout the roleplay you will encounter many different types of enemies and factions. During the course of the game, you encounter two human factions, and the Infected. First, lets start with the infected. There are five different types of Infected.
The Infected:
Spoiler:

The Infected aren't the only dangerous things lurking about. There are also those trying to survive. Throughout the roleplay, it is likely you will encounter two different types of survivors: The Fireflies and the Hunters.
Fireflies:
Spoiler:

Hunters:
Spoiler:

Form:
Name:
Weapon:
Background/Bio:
Personality:
Appearance:

Last edited by Batman on Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Brian
RP Laureate
RP Laureate

Roleplay Characters
Roleplay1:
Roleplay2:
Roleplay3:

PostSubject: Re: The Last of Us - The Roleplay   Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:58 pm

Name: Ellie
Weapon: Switchblade, then later in the RP: Bow and arrow, hunting rifle, 9mm
Background/Bio: Ellie was born sometime in the year 2019, six years after the spread of the fungal pandemic. As a result, she grew up in an oppressive military quarentine zone in Boston, Massachusetts with little knowledge of the world prior to the infection  For a time she was raised by her mother, Anna, until she died. The fireflies took Ellie as their own ever since then.
Personality: Having been raised in an environment where modern standards and values have deteriorated, Ellie is considerably rash, impulsive, and temperamental, and doesn't faze at the notion of using violence as a means to an end or vulgarity as a way of expressing how she feels. However, she manages to maintain a particular innocence as she has yet to see the darkest sides of human nature and retains a palpable trust in people.In addition, Ellie is also perceptibly clever and witty, and will do whatever it takes to keep herself alive. 
Appearance:
Back to top Go down
Alleykat
Neophyte
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: The Last of Us - The Roleplay   Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:38 pm

Name: Clare
Weapon: Axe
Background/bio: Clare is from a rich family, but she has lost everyone. She has been moving constantly and has only met 3 survivors each of which she killed. She used to be the preppy one that all girls wanted to be, now her heart is stone and she cares for nothing but surviving. Watching her family die, she never wants to feel anything again. She wouldn't mind giving in to the zombies if she knew it meant she wouldn't think, but there is no certainty to that. And she would never kill herself, not when there's a chance for a cure.
Personality: Clare is tough, at least she wants to believe she is, but she secretly has a soft spot for the real cute boys, not that she's seen much of those recently. She is really stubborn though, being on her own this long though, means it's her way or the highway.
Appearance: short black hair, blue eyes, small figure/slim and fit. Combat boots always on, with camo shorts and tank top.
Back to top Go down
PresidentDinosaur115
RP Laureate
RP Laureate

Favorite Roleplay : Game of Life and Death
Humor : Well, I do know one about sea anemones and cucumbers.

Roleplay Characters
Roleplay1:
Roleplay2:
Roleplay3:

PostSubject: Re: The Last of Us - The Roleplay   Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:44 pm

Name: Joel
Weapon: Revolver (signature weapon), 9mm, bow and arrows, flamethrower, hunting rifle, shotgun, el diablo (all not acquired until later) and anything he finds, such as bricks, bottles, 2x4s, baseball bats, etc. 
Background/Bio: During Joel's early life, he lived with his young daughter Sara somewhere outside of Austin. The day the outbreak hit, Joel attempted to take Sara to safety. Her death was not by the infected, instead it was by soldiers trying to protect the people. Joel was forced to watch his daughter bleed and die in his arms. 20 years later, Joel has become a harsh and bitter old man. He works along with his partner Tess, and has recently been assigned to smuggle something very important out of the city: A little girl named Ellie. 
Personality: Joel is described as "a brutal thug, killer, and torturer." He has resorted to black-market dealings and such to keep himself alive, and as such has accumulated much experience when it comes to survival. What he wouldn't do normally is now almost a daily occurrence, and thus he is very ruthless and merciless when confronted with enemies. While his relationship with Ellie is rocky at first, it grows (well, will eventually grow) into a loving father-daughter relationship. 

Fighting skills:
Spoiler:

Appearance: 

Back to top Go down
Raven
Administrator
Administrator

Humor : They told me I was supposed to act 'normal', ha! good one.
Trophies : Let's Post! 1st Place

Roleplay Characters
Roleplay1:
Roleplay2:
Roleplay3:

PostSubject: Re: The Last of Us - The Roleplay   Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:03 pm

Form:
Name: Jennifer (Jen)
Weapon: her father's pistol and brother's old dagger carried at her hip, whatever is at hand
Background/Bio: Raised in a middle class family, she understood early on one must work hard to survive in the world. It wasn't until a month before her ninth birthday did she learn that for her, that phrase would be much more literal. She spent most of her time with her older brother Darren (then age 12) and their childhood neighbor Jordan (then age 10). During the pandemic, the kids were separated from the parents. Upon making their way back into the house, they found their parents dead, shot and killed in the living room. Jen's brother grabbing their father's shotgun and Jen took his pistol from the basement; the trio decided to stay together and left. After about 12 years, Darren's luck ran out and got killed in an attack from the hunters. His final wishes were for Jordan and Jen to continue to fight for survival as he gave Jordan the shotgun and his sister his favorite dagger from his childhood. Jordan was infected 3 years later. Jen has been traveling on her own since.
Personality: A woman turned cold since her solitude starting five years prior. The infection has toughened her up to a point of rash, rude, and harshness, yet she carries inside a warmth from memory of her early childhood. She hopes for different existence.
Appearance: medium built, red-brown hair worn in a pony tail, green eyes, faded tee, cargo pants, hiking boots.
Back to top Go down
Brian
RP Laureate
RP Laureate

Roleplay Characters
Roleplay1:
Roleplay2:
Roleplay3:

PostSubject: Re: The Last of Us - The Roleplay   Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:48 pm

One thing Joel always taught Ellie was to either hold on to your morals and die or do whatever it takes to survive. And at this moment she had just come across a trial.
"Tess, we can't just leave you!"
"I'm infected! It's won't be too long until I turn into one of those... things. I'll hold them off! Just go!"
Hours ago Tess had been bitten by one of the infected, and it looked worse than Ellie's three week old bite. Both Joel and Tess were convinced that Ellie was special. They just couldn't put a finger on it.
"Joel! What do we do?!"

Back to top Go down
PresidentDinosaur115
RP Laureate
RP Laureate

Roleplay Characters
Roleplay1:
Roleplay2:
Roleplay3:

PostSubject: Re: The Last of Us - The Roleplay   Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:00 pm

This was the kind of world where you either have to give up your morals and survive, or keep them and die.
Right now, Joel was concerned about surviving.
Even if that meant leaving Tess behind.
Tess had been the one person to support him these last few years. Sure she was bossy and not one for negotiation, and she had been perfect for Joel. She had shaped him into what he was now: a survivalist.
And now, she was infected.
She looked at him with a look of disgust, showing off her shoulder which had a bite on it. Pulsating, red, and most noticebly worse than Ellie's.
Tess had hers for an hour. Ellie's has had hers for three weeks.
"Oh C*****..." Joel sputtered, shocked.
"Oops, right?" Tess responded, clearly unhappy with Joel.
"Give me your arm." She said to Ellie.
"This was three weeks! I've had this for an hour, Joel, and its already worse. This is f***ing real, Joel."
The two argued back n forth while soldiers pulled up to the building.
"JUST GO!... Just f***ing go..." Tess yelled with finality.
"Please... Just, make this easy for me."
Joel finally decided she was right. He couldn't be hung up over her. Not anymore.
"I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean for this to happen..." Ellie tried to explain.
"Ellie. Get a move on."
So Joel and Ellie walked off, leaving Tess to die. Simple as that.
They made their way thru the building, not saying a word to each other as they avoided some soldiers. Ellie was clearly worried, but Joel had handled this before.
They made it outside after a small detour in a sewer, so Joel sat down for a breather. Ellie tried to clear things up.
"Hey, look. About Tess... I don't even know what to-" Ellie was cut off by Joel.
"Here's how this things gonna play out. You don't bring up Tess. Ever. Matter of fact let's just keep our histories to ourselves. Secondly, don't tell anyone about your condition, they'll either think you're crazy or try to kill you. And finally, you do what I say, when I say it. We clear?"
Ellie nodded dimly.
"Repeat it." Joel hissed at her harshly.
"What you say goes." Ellie responded, with a small amount of attitude.
Joel sighed. "Good."
He got up, and decided it was time to move.
"Now there's a fella here a few miles north that owes me a few favors... I reckon he could get us a car."
Ellie decided to go along with it. "Okay."
"Let's get a move on."
So the two began their journey, one step at a time.
Back to top Go down
PresidentDinosaur115
RP Laureate
RP Laureate

Roleplay Characters
Roleplay1:
Roleplay2:
Roleplay3:

PostSubject: Re: The Last of Us - The Roleplay   Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:12 am

Name: Wolfgang Tobias Mattox
Weapon: A machete, sniper rifle
Background/Bio: Wolfgang was originally a member of the Fireflies, working along with them to resist government control as a young boy when everything went down. While it worked, he soon realized that they would be taking orders from someone halfway across the country. Why couldn't they just govern themselves? Despite being one of the younger members, he managed to raise an outcry and officially disbanded Pittsburgh from the Fireflies. As the new leader of the free Pittsburgh, he had to have a plan to keep everyone alive without the Fireflies' support. This he formed the Hunters, an incredibly dangerous scavenger group that wasted nothing, even to the point of scrapping supplies off the dead and using their bodies for fires. While the society he has set up is sustainablec it is very dangerous, unforgiving, and horrific. But can his society stand when Joel and Ellie blow into town?
Personality: Wolfgang is described as paranoid and untrusting, yet quite seductive and equally dangerous. He was one of the first to realize that with the fungus around, morals had to go. He is a true survivalist, and will do whatever it takes, even to the point of sacrificing his own men. This lack of morals gives him an evolutionary advantage, as he is unbound by mercy or honor. This makes him one of the most dangerous men across post-apocalyptic America, as he will never hesitate to kill, no matter how brutal.
Appearance:
I made this character because in the game the hunters have no real leader, so I thought I'd give them someone to guide them along.

Last edited by The_Space_Cowboy on Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Brian
RP Laureate
RP Laureate

Roleplay Characters
Roleplay1:
Roleplay2:
Roleplay3:

PostSubject: Re: The Last of Us - The Roleplay   Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:38 pm

Ellie still didn't trust Joel a lot. And now she was stuck with him. Marlene had always cared for her, even though Ellie was different. Ellie could tell that Joel wasn't a big fan of her either. Ellie took a pistol from her back pocket and examined it. Joel noticed it.
"What the h*** is that?"
"I found it off of one of the guys Tess took out back there. Pretty nifty, huh?"
"That's dangerous, Ellie."
Joel took the gun from her hand, took the ammo out, and threw the gun on the floor.
"I'd rather not get shot from a 14 year old girl in the middle of an apocalypse." He said as he stored the ammunition in one of his other guns.
This made Ellie even more mad. Now she knew for sure she couldn't trust him. Ever.
Back to top Go down
PresidentDinosaur115
RP Laureate
RP Laureate

Roleplay Characters
Roleplay1:
Roleplay2:
Roleplay3:

PostSubject: Re: The Last of Us - The Roleplay   Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:41 pm

Three hours later

Joel and Ellie had arrived in Lincoln, Massachusetts, which Joel callously referred to as "Bill's Town". He had never been here personally, but he knew that Bill was a hardcore survivalist and had rigged it with many deadly traps for the large number of Infected that inhabited the city. After witnessing more than one Clicker explode from one of Bill's traps, Joel and Ellie had reached a dead end. The only way out now was through an office. Joel gripped the door handle and paused for a second.
"I've got a bad feeling about this..."
He opened the door, and immediately his foot was snagged by a rope. Joel flew up into the air, now suspended upside down by a rope. He desperately tried to get a grip on the situation.
"E-Ellie! The fridge looks like the counterweight! Cut that rope!"
The scene had made a lot of noise, which means the Infected heard it too. He could see Runner's climbing over the gate, so Joel needed to protect himself and Ellie. He pulled out his revolver and started shooting, it was at first effective but it wasn't long before the Infected had swarmed the place.
Ellie had, however, managed to cut the rope and Joel was back on the ground. A Runner hopped on top of him, clawing at his face. Just when Joel was ready to give up, a dagger was dug into the Runner's skull. He looked up to see a woman, about 30 (Raven's character) reaching out to help him up. He accepted the offer and pulled himself up, then saw Ellie being helped by a 17 year old (Alleykat's character) with an axe. The 30 year old told everyone that they needed to move.
"Ellie, come on!" Joel shouted as everyone started sprinting from the scene. The 17 year old kicked a door open and everyone ran inside, with the 30 year old quickly locking it. Everyone stopped for a breather before Joel looked up at the two and spoke.
"What's your story?"
Back to top Go down
Raven
Administrator
Administrator

Roleplay Characters
Roleplay1:
Roleplay2:
Roleplay3:

PostSubject: Re: The Last of Us - The Roleplay   Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:50 pm

I was walking through Lincoln, Massachusetts with this 17 year old named Clare. We started traveling together about three weeks ago.

We were sneaking around a small group of Infected when we heard a trap go off in a nearby building. The noise sent most of the Infected running toward it but it alerted two runners to our position. Clare and I took them down.
"Hey, I think we should check out that trap to see if it isn't a person caught in it." I suggest to Clare who gave me her usual stubborn look. "Hey, there might be a cute boy needing help. I'm going to see if nothing else." She agreed after a second and we took a shortcut to the building by hopping a fence.

As we were approaching we could see a man with a young teen girl and plenty of Infected. We spit off in two directions, Clare went to help the girl as I took care of the man. A runner was clawing at his face; I stabbed my dagger right in its skull. I pulled the man up as Clare was helping the girl.
"Hey, there's more coming, let's get a move on everyone." I yell then follow Clare out of the booby-trapped building.

We run a few blocks at least away. Clare kicks down a door; I lock it after the two others get in. Being safe for a moment we catch our breaths. After a minute the guy looks up and asks, "What's your story?"
"Same as everyone else, isn't it? Survival," I say using a rag from the floor to wipe down my dagger. He gave me a look. "Don't like humor, do ya? Well I can see that from an ingrate like you. The name's Jennifer and this is Clare. We've been traveling together for about three weeks now. Our travels brought us here, and from the looks of it, to saving your butts."
Back to top Go down
PresidentDinosaur115
RP Laureate
RP Laureate

Roleplay Characters
Roleplay1:
Roleplay2:
Roleplay3:

PostSubject: Re: The Last of Us - The Roleplay   Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:53 pm

Joel helped himself up. He didn't say anything, but behind his hard exterior there was gratitude.
"Alright then... Where the h3ll is Bill?" He asked the two girls.
He could tell by their confused faces that they had no idea who he was referring to.
Joel looked over to Ellie, who was equally confused as to why Bill wasn't there.
"There's no way he'd have two girls in here and not have a say about it. He must be dead or he's moved somewhere else..." He muttered to Ellie, searching around the room.
Joel opened up a window and saw a fire escape and a plank, the plank of which led into Bill's church safe house.
"If he's anywhere it's in there..."
Joel started to move up the ladder.
"Ellie, c'mon."
"But we just met them!" She protested.
"Well they can tag along if they want, but regardless we need to move."
He contined to move up the ladder and acceps the plank and finally he was in the safe house.
"God, have mercy..." He whispered upon entering.
There were dozens of dead Infected spread along the floor, and right at the end of the hall was chubby ol' Bill with a bullet in his head. As Joel moved towards the body, he surmised that the girls had decided to follow him based off of the amount of footsteps behind him. Bill had a big bite mark on his arm, and he had written a note addressed for "Joel, Tess, and anyone who gives a f***."
Bill's letter read as follows:
To Joel, Tess, or anyone who gives a f***.
The Infected swarmed me thanks to some girl. There I was repairing the barricade when she rolled over a fence. There was another girl in there too, she looked older. I tried getting their attention but they ran off. I tried to fix the fence but it didn't work. I set up some bombs and hoped for the best. Next morning, Clickers come knocking at my door. One of em got me. God knows I'm not letting myself turn into one of those things. Lets hope God sees my point of view.
Bill.

Joel cursed under his breath. Bill was the only that could get him a car, and they needed to get to Pittsburgh. Now he had to get the car the girls had. He didn't want to have to kill them, but he would do it if he had to.
"Where's your truck?" He asked the older girl, giving her a serious look.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Administrator
Administrator

Roleplay Characters
Roleplay1:
Roleplay2:
Roleplay3:

PostSubject: Re: The Last of Us - The Roleplay   Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:36 pm

Apparently this guy and girl were looking for a "Bill", but we don't know any Bills. Only two dead Bobs and a Brandon. We followed him into the nearby church. There the man found his friend, shot dead with a note.
"Where's your truck?" the man asked me after swearing to himself. His look serious.
"Why in h3ll would you want my truck?" I asked back, defensive. He didn't respond.
"I'm kinda using it." I say, stubborn myself. He doesn't flinch or move or nothing. "Look, I'm okay with being nice every now and again, but you aren't getting my truck without some sort of explanation. Furthermore, if you want my truck that badly, then you're getting an extra two party members; I'm not giving up my wheels." Son of a gun better have a darn good reason...
Back to top Go down
Brian
RP Laureate
RP Laureate

Roleplay Characters
Roleplay1:
Roleplay2:
Roleplay3:

PostSubject: Re: The Last of Us - The Roleplay   Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:22 am

Once Ellie and Joel found Bill's body, she decided to take what she could. She took a pistol from Bill's pocket, making sure that Joel wasn't looking.
She returned to the rest of the group shortly after that. Joel was talking to them about borrowing their truck. Jennifer didn't seem like she gave a f*** at all.
"We need your d*** truck!" Ellie shouted. "I'm sorry... It's just... you saw what's out there! We need to get out of here! Somewhere safe."
Even Joel was shocked from Ellie's words. She hadn't talked much until then.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Administrator
Administrator

Roleplay Characters
Roleplay1:
Roleplay2:
Roleplay3:

PostSubject: Re: The Last of Us - The Roleplay   Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:35 am

Right as the guy and I were discussing my truck, the little girl shouts at us. It was real strange, I took her as the quiet type. They're desperate.
"You're darn serious aren't you?" I question the girl. She nods. I think about it for a second.
"Okay, how about we make a deal, meeting halfway." I say, glancing at Clare to make sure she doesn't butt in. "You can borrow my truck to use it, but we're still coming with you. Now don't give me those b*tch-you-can't-be-serious looks. The truck's got a backseat, so we'll all fit just fine. Plus, how good are you at rummaging parts from scrap heats and fixin' them together so the contraption works? I doubt very good at all, and I'm a pretty good mechanic surprisingly. You use the truck for whatever you please, and we tag along for the ride, yea?"
Back to top Go down
PresidentDinosaur115
RP Laureate
RP Laureate

Roleplay Characters
Roleplay1:
Roleplay2:
Roleplay3:

PostSubject: Re: The Last of Us - The Roleplay   Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:00 am

Joel rolled his eyes.
I can fix a d*** truck... he thought to himself.
He knew he already had them convinced to use the truck, but he figured he should tell them anyway. The more people protecting Ellie the better.
"We need the truck to get her to the Fireflies. She's immune."
The girls didn't look convinced.
"I've seen that girl breath in more spores to kill twenty men. You wanna see, lift up her sleeve. It's three weeks old."
After that they seemed convinced. While they were doing that, Joel noticed the grip of a gun sticking from her pant pocket. She must've taken it when he wasn't looking.
D*** kid...
He decided to let her keep it. She had saved him from a clicker by throwing a brick earlier. Had it not been for her good aim he could've died. While she didn't know, he did appreciate her help.
Joel turned his attention back to the older women.
"Get a move on then, before more infected show up."
Back to top Go down
Brian
RP Laureate
RP Laureate

Roleplay Characters
Roleplay1:
Roleplay2:
Roleplay3:

PostSubject: Re: The Last of Us - The Roleplay   Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:11 am

Ellie climbed in the back seat of the truck with the other girl. But she didn't seem amusing. Ellie didn't bother putting her seatbelt on. She poked her head up where Joel and Jennifer were sitting.
"So Jennifer, what do... what did you do for a living?" Ellie asked. Small talk wasn't her best quality, but she wanted to get to know her.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Administrator
Administrator

Roleplay Characters
Roleplay1:
Roleplay2:
Roleplay3:

PostSubject: Re: The Last of Us - The Roleplay   Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:18 am

The girl, reluctantly, rolled up her sleeve. We saw the bite, barely five minutes would pass for a normal person to get to that state.
"Three weeks huh?" I ask, thinking out loud. "Now that's a good reason to have my truck."
The guy was getting antsy about more Infected.
"Alright, I guess it's time to get going." I say. Before opening the door, I add, "However, sometime hot shot, you're gonna tell Clare and me what your names are."
I leave with them following me. We take a detour around the Infected. Several blocks away we reach my truck and head in. Clare and the girl get into the back seat while the guy and I take the front.
"So Jennifer, what do... what did you do for a living?" Ellie asked.
I glanced back at her, smirking.
"I'm flattered you think I had much of a normal life before the pandemic." I look down the road. "The outbreak happened a month before I turned nine years old. I spent my days before that playing with my older brother and our best friend. Now, both of 'em are dead and I'm just like everyone else: surviving." and hoping for a better life...
Back to top Go down
PresidentDinosaur115
RP Laureate
RP Laureate

Roleplay Characters
Roleplay1:
Roleplay2:
Roleplay3:

PostSubject: Re: The Last of Us - The Roleplay   Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:46 pm

Wolfgang Tobias Mattox, referred to by his men as "The Boss" sat alone in an office formerly owned by the military general of the quarantine zone. While he was young compared to most members of the group, having been only thirteen when the outbreak started, he still showed devilishly powerful leadership qualities. Thus is why it was he who sat in the big comfortable chair, not the fifty year old man who stepped in to report the happenings of the day.
"Any news on the girl that took our truck?" The Boss asked, his gas mask giving his voice an eerie chill to it.
"Er, no sir, not yet. The search group still has yet to find anything." The old man replied.
The Boss shook his head, standing up from his chair. You could tell he was frustrated.
"It's been... What, three weeks?"
"Er... Yessir..." The old man replied, clearly worried.
"Three weeks... And still nothing..." He paused for a moment. "They haven't even found how she escaped? A busted fence or anything"
"No sir, they haven't."
"Well, how funny."
The Boss stepped over to his window, opening up the blinds.
"Because, from right here, I can see a pretty big hole in our fence over there."
The Boss pointed so the old man could see.
"And you're telling me I've had eight men out there looking for that, and yet nothing?"
"That's... Correct, sir."
The Boss shook his head, loading bullets into his 9mm. The old man clearly thought one of those was meant for him. The Boss first pointed the gun at the old man, who shot his hands up in the air. But then the Boss flipped the gun around, so the old man could grab it.
"There's nine bullets in there. One for each man, and if you feel bad enough, yourself."
The old man shakily took the gun, understanding his mission.
The Boss nodded and the old man was off. Folding his hands neatly behind his back, The Boss looked out the window, thinking to himself.
"Where are you off to, Clare..?" He muttered to himself, desperately wanting to catch the insubordinate.
Oh, what he would do when he got his hands on her.
Back to top Go down
Brian
RP Laureate
RP Laureate

Roleplay Characters
Roleplay1:
Roleplay2:
Roleplay3:

PostSubject: Re: The Last of Us - The Roleplay   Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:54 pm

Ellie looked back at Clare. She really didn't talk much at all. She was about to ask what her story was, when she spotted something in the distance.
"Uh... What's that?" Ellie said as she pointed to a group of jeeps following them.
"Sh!t." Joel said as he sped up the truck a bit. "Jennifer, take the wheel!"
Joel got up through the sun roof with his shotgun and started shooting at the enemies. "Keep steady!"
Ellie felt helpless. She got up through the sun roof as well and helped Joel with the pistol she got from Bill. "I'm not letting you do this alone!"
Back to top Go down
PresidentDinosaur115
RP Laureate
RP Laureate

Roleplay Characters
Roleplay1:
Roleplay2:
Roleplay3:

PostSubject: Re: The Last of Us - The Roleplay   Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:39 am

It wasn't time to argue, so Joel decided to let Ellie help.
"Shoot the tires, Ellie, the tires!"
A jeep drove up next to the truck, and a bandit popped out with a shiv in his hand. Joel aimed the shotgun right in the bandits face and quite literally blew his head off. Pumping the gun, Joel then blew out the Jeep's tire. That was one down, two more to go. He looked over to see Ellie, with expert precision, had shot the driver of one of the other Jeeps. Joel didn't know it, but they were pulling up to Pittsburgh.

The Boss watched the scene from his window.
"So she decided to bring the truck back after all. Close the doors, men."
The bandits began closing the massive iron door tha led into the fortress.
"Leave room for the truck, not the Jeep."
"What about the men in the truck, sir?" Asked one Hunter.
"They shouldn't be out there in one of our Jeeps anyway. Leave them. The punishment for disobedience is a date with Mother Nature."

The truck barely made it through the iron doors, which were rapidly closing. Somehow, the truck suffered a blowout and skidded out of control. As hard as everyone tried, the truck rapidly spun out of control and slammed into a building. It took everyone a moment to recover, but they were alright. The building they had slammed into was structurally weak, so it had caved in when they slammed into it. Now the truck was unusable and they were cut out from the world. Joel coughed to get the dust out of his face, then he helped Ellie out and made sure she was alright.
"Looks like we're trapped... Lets see if we can find some stairs or something, maybe something we can boost Ellie up to."
Back to top Go down
Raven
Administrator
Administrator

Roleplay Characters
Roleplay1:
Roleplay2:
Roleplay3:

PostSubject: Re: The Last of Us - The Roleplay   Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:03 am

We had some jeeps following us. Joel passed me the wheel as he hopped onto the roof to shoot at the vehicles. Ellie snuck up too. I heard the gunshots echo in my ears. Clare kept me informed where the guys were aiming as I dodged massive potholes [stirke]hate those sons of a gun[/strike]. Unfortunately, right as we drove into Pittsburgh, with the giant iron doors closing in on us, a bullet hit our tire and we spun out. I tried to keep it as steady as I could, but we still crashed into the side of a building. It crumbled onto us. Clare and I had to exit the truck from the back window. I could see that none of the jeeps made it into the walls. Clare was dusting ourselves off and checking for injuries as Joel was helping Ellie out.
"The f***ing truck is total," I exclaim. "Now we're stranded. I hope after all bruises are taken account, you have a plan for whats next."
Back to top Go down
Brian
RP Laureate
RP Laureate

Roleplay Characters
Roleplay1:
Roleplay2:
Roleplay3:

PostSubject: Re: The Last of Us - The Roleplay   Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:12 am

"Looks like we better hurry." Ellie said. They heard some talking outside of the building.
"Sh!t. Hunters." Joel muttered. "Does everyone have something to protect themselves with? Weapons? Ammunition?" Everyone nodded. "Then let's go."
Ellie was just now warming up to the pistol. She knew the shot she made against the jeeps was just lucky. She didn't know if she was ready for it, but she had to do it to help Joel. As much as she didn't like him, she couldn't just stop.
Two of the hunters started walking through the hole in the building they made. Joel was just about to shoot when Ellie got to it first. Both of them. Headshots too. Joel was impressed. Ellie gave a little smirk at Joel. Although she still didn't have a lot of confidence in herself.
The group finally made it safely out the building when they saw dozens of hunters surrounding them.
"Joel. What do we do?"
Back to top Go down
Alleykat
Neophyte
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: The Last of Us - The Roleplay   Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:02 am

Not only did we let these people use our truck but then we crash into a wall so we don't have any truck at all anymore. "I knew this was a bad idea," I say as I check myself over for any injuries. I don't find any. I follow the people outside sticking close to Jennifer, for some reason I can't trust these people, the man seems so paranoid and then the girl, she's so weird. "How long are we sticking around these people, Jennifer?" I whisper so only she can hear me. We come out of the building and there is a bunch of people surrounding us. The girl looks at the man and says, "Joel, what do we do?" Great. What mess have they got us into now?
Back to top Go down
PresidentDinosaur115
RP Laureate
RP Laureate

Roleplay Characters
Roleplay1:
Roleplay2:
Roleplay3:

PostSubject: Re: The Last of Us - The Roleplay   Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:09 pm

Joel slowly stuck his hands in the air as all the hunters pointed their weapons at the group.
"Aaaahhhh sh!t." Joel muttered as the hunters closed in.
"I'll think of something..." He whispered to Ellie, desperately looking around for anything he could use to get them out of this situation.

From the shadows of the group stepped the Boss, his hands again folded behind his back. He stepped past his group of men to examine the four intruders who had entered his abode.
"Well, well... Look who we have here. Joel, it's been a while."
Back when Pittsburgh was under the control of the Fireflies, Joel and Tess used to smuggle things in and out. The head of this smuggling operation was the Boss himself. But when the Fireflies were kicked out of Pittsburgh, Joel and Tess decided to stop trading.
"Yo boss. Is that the b**** that took our truck?" Asked one hunter.
"Yes, James, it is."
The Boss walked over to Clare, looking her in the eyes
"I'm glad you came back, darling" he said to her with a hint of malice in his voice.

Joel was still looking for a way to get out of this situation when the boss approached him.
"Got a kid now, eh Joel? So you finally knocked up Tess after all eh?"
Joel punched the Boss right in the face, spinning him around and holding him at gunpoint.
Before the other hunters could react, Joel shot a bullet right through the Molotov cocktail in one hunter's hand. As he and the other hunters around him burned, Ellie took a smoke bomb from the Boss' belt and threw it into the crowd. The smoke bomb exploded, stunning all the hiunters. Joel kicked the Boss right in the back, sending him into the smoke bomb cloud.
"Let's go!" Joel yelled, motioning for the others to follow him into an alleyway.
Everyone ran down the alley until they found an open door, which they slammed closed after getting inside which Joel promptly blocked with a chair. Everyone stopped for a breather, and when they were done, Joel motivated them with their goal.
"We need to get to that bridge..." He gasped in between breaths.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Last of Us - The Roleplay   

Back to top Go down

The Last of Us - The Roleplay
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next