USARoleplayers
Hello! To log in, type in your username and password.
If you do not have an account, why not register?
Just read the forum guidelines first before signing up to a whole world of creative amusement!

USARoleplayers is about bringing people together through their creativity and writing skills. It doesn't matter what you like, all sorts of roleplays are welcome on here. Roleplays allow the opportunity to meet new people and you might even discover something new yourself as words can be used to express our life. We welcome all sorts of creative minds here, no matter if you are a novice writer or an experienced one. There are many people here who are able to help you improve sentence structure, character development, and word choice. But most importantly, roleplaying is about having fun and connecting with others.

All the Roleplaying Possibilities are Up to You!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wanna know what's up? Check the Monthly News for updates!

It's 2016! Let's make it a year full of joy, laughs, and fun!
Know some cool roleplayers? Well, invite them to join USARP!
Are you new to USARP?! Don't be shy, we'd love to meet you the Introduce yourself area!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 36 on Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:04 am
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Gamble & Prosper
by DuskCorruption Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:08 pm

» Fairy Tail: The 7 temples
by Cat Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:23 pm

» Monthly News - October 2016
by Seek Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:29 pm

» The Nine Rulers
by Cat Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:16 am

» Stump the Pokemon Above You
by Swampurtz Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:57 pm

» Monthly News - September 2016
by Seek Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:23 pm

» Fairy Tail RPG Discussion & Characters (NOW ACCEPTING NEW CHARACTERS)
by Cat Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:03 pm

» Sengoku Wars
by Raven Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:40 am

» Holiday Happenins
by Raven Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:23 pm

» For the Fallen
by Alisaur Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:34 am

Check out our Affilates!

Share | 

Wishful Thinking: Voyage of the Sun

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ink
Banned
Banned

Roleplay Characters
Roleplay1:
Roleplay2:
Roleplay3:

PostSubject: Wishful Thinking: Voyage of the Sun   Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:15 pm

Kantor City: A large city in which collaboration between Magic, Science, and Alchemy has contributed to a truly prosperous living environment.  In fact, Kantor is often called the best-off city in the region.  The people are friendly, the monsters stay out thanks to the perimeter wall, and everything is sanitary and serene.

At the far end of town, sitting atop a large hill is an observatory.  There, in the star gazing dome sits a young woman in a white lab coat, with long, brown hair, writing notes as she occasionally peaks back into the telescope.  Standing at her side is what appears to be a girl.  She has short, blonde hair and is dressed in a white blouse and black plaid skirt.  However, there appear to be inlays running down her face from her eyes which are empty and emotionless.  At her shoulders and elbows are mechanical looking joints.  In her hair are a large bow and some form of headband with a small light on the left side.  

Currently, though, Sabrina's studies worry her as she sits there and bites the eraser of her pencil.

Sabrina: Hm...Cyan, would you hand me that chart of the star alignment around this area this time of year.

Cyan: Of course, ma'am.

Cyan bows respectfully.  Her voice was human but had a robotic quality about it.  She turns and obediently steps to a file cabinet, opening the drawer.  Then her hands begin to cycle through the drawers at practically superhuman pace until she stops, pulling a file out and walking back to the scientist.

Cyan: Will that be all?

Sabrina takes the charts and looks over them.  Then she peaks back through the telescope for a brief moment.

Sabrina: Yes.  Thank...you.  That's what I thought. These aren't our stars. This alignment isn't even close.

Cyan’s eyes suddenly begin to flash red.

Cyan: Warning: Monsters Detected Approaching the City Wall.

Her voice is being broadcasted throughout the city from various loudspeakers.  

Cyan: For Your Own Safety, Please Seek Out The Nearest Shelter Now, In The Event That The Wall Is Breached.  

Her eyes continue to flash red but she no longer speaks.

Sabrina: Cyan, we're going back to the lab to gather a few things. We have a bit of a trip to take.

Sabrina turns and leaves with her hands in the pockets of her lab coat.  Cyan bows before grabbing the professor's bag and leaving with her.

Cyan: Yes, ma'am.

Hasteriver Town; Town of Merchants, Farmers, Traders-

A young zuman girl suddenly leaps over a fruit cart in the street being pushed along by vendors as two large men chase after her, plowing through the cart like bulls.  The girl looks behind her in amusement.

K: Hey, that's property damage, boys! You gotta PAY for that!

And thieves...

K turns on a dime into an alley and uses the wall of the building to turn herself completely around, running along it overhead before flipping behind the two goons and running off into a crowd, leaving the two idiots to fumble over themselves until they spot her running off in the opposite direction and get after her. K looks over her shoulder with a devious little smirk, weaving through the crowd with the small case she'd been holding still hugged tightly beneath her arm. Inside? Geno; the Currency of this world. Small gold tokens.

So yeah, that's me and the name's K. As you can guess, I'm the adorable little thing running from the big oafs here. Don't concern yourself with 'em. They're total morons the mayor hires out behind everyone's backs. He doesn't like me much. Even though all I did was take a few little Genos from the round little man...The man whose vault is as big as a house. Yeah, the twenty I took, he'd never miss. That is if he wasn't a money grubbing little greed ball. Oh, emphasis on that ball part. Seriously, he's- oh, whoops, interrupting. Back to the show!

K ducks and weaves through the crowd before it starts getting thicker and she resorts to using people's heads as stepping stones.  As the crowd thins out, she lands back on the ground and promptly turns around.

K: Sorry, ev'ryone!

Then she turns right back around and darts away around the corner.  The two thugs push their way through the crowd to find that K had already gone. She had a knack for disappearing. That was for certain. The two of them sneer then turn and walk off to go see the mayor.

Last edited by Ink on Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Raven
Administrator
Administrator

Humor : They told me I was supposed to act 'normal', ha! good one.
Trophies : Let's Post! 1st Place

Roleplay Characters
Roleplay1:
Roleplay2:
Roleplay3:

PostSubject: Re: Wishful Thinking: Voyage of the Sun   Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:46 am

In the forest within Grandus: the center being full of thousand year old trees standing several stories tall, stretching to younger woodlands in the outskirts. Below the inner canopy, the river passes through before continuing past a plateau and circling around the Grand Tree before leaving the forest.
In the northeast section:

Thick in the tree branches, the wind blows gently. A hawk flies over and glides off onto the sky's horizon. A single branch moves but an inch. In the next tree over, thirty some feet above ground, a shadow hides between the leaves.

Among the ground, the land is halfway flooded from a mahogany wooden structure before the five foot drop off. Crawling over a log, a brown creature stretches its flat tail. An Uberlonian beaver, found in this forest and grown larger than the regular beavers of this land. The scent of salmon reaches its nostrils.

A wooden stake zips through the air, pinning the beaver's paw to the log. The tree's shadow drops down, the cloak absorbs the training sunlight seeping through the canopy over the water. The figure's staff makes contact with each major pressure point on the beaver's body and two across the head. Jumping back to avoid a major tail whip, the hood slides off revealing the blond hair and pointy ears beneath. She lowers her ears then dashes along the neighboring log, and with the bo-staff knocks some sticks from the dam into the snarling beaver, causing some whines. She jumps then slams the staff into the beaver once more. After the painful cry, the muscles had one last spasm.

As quickly as a leap from one tree to the next, the kill was made, and with hardly a spilled drop of blood. The young woman unpins the paw and lifts the deceased beaver from the tail.

"Hmmm. This will fetch a good price back at town," Kinara said grinning smugly.
Back to top Go down
Ink
Banned
Banned

Roleplay Characters
Roleplay1:
Roleplay2:
Roleplay3:

PostSubject: Re: Wishful Thinking: Voyage of the Sun   Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:22 am

K sits in her little spot; a space in an alley, sectioned off by a fence of her own making.  In this semi-private little home, she has piles of her belongings.  Her treasures are the world to her.  Things that she'd found honestly and would never dream of parting with.  As she empties out her pouch and hears the clatter of the small coins hitting the cobblestone, she whines to herself, pouting and drooping her large, cat-like ears that hide in the large notches of her hat.

K: Mneh.  What, only 15?  Aw.  C'mon, K.  That's barely enough to get a stinkin' apple from the market.

She opens up another pouch, this one filled with a few more of the small, golden coins.  She slowly separates them, counting slowly.

K: 32?  I guess that's enough for a fish, right?  It's not like I need to cook it or anything.

Her ears suddenly pop right back up and a devious little smile spreads across her face.  Something begins to form in her head mentally.  Grabbing both pouches, she stands and hops up, planting one foot on the wall and springing herself away, flipping over the fence separating off her spot from the rest of the town before racing away.  She was in such a hurry that she could hardly notice her ears twitch.  Someone was nearby and she almost ran right into them.

In one, fluent motion, K swiveled around this fox girl and spun, sliding to a stop and facing her.  Then she blinks.  She was holding some kind of beaver.  K had never seen such a creature in person.  Of course she'd never been more than half a mile out of town.

K: Hey, this is pedestrian crossing, read the signs, why don'tcha!

Signs...what signs?  There were no signs.  But what would that matter to someone like K?

The alarm finally cuts.  Sabrina prepares to the lab with Cyan, packing a suitcase with various gadgets and gizmos.  Sabrina never packed light.  Cyan was a walking Swiss Army Knife.  She could kill and cook whatever Sabrina needed.  She could quickly scan for resources, and she could fight.  What more could a person need?  But before they would leave, the two of them found themselves stopping by the City Council.

Sabrina: Hi, guys.  Dave, Marsha, Julius, how're you all doing?

Councilor Garrick: That is Councilor Davis Garrick, Ms. Bizra.  What are you here to bother the council with today?

Councilor "Julius" Reyes: Garrick, Sabrina deserves better than your crass attitude right now.

Councilor Garrick: Her barrier project has endangered this fine city to those monstrosities eight times within the last month!

Councilor Reyes: At least allow her to explain herself before you become the picture of a pompous bureaucrat, Garrick.

Councilor Marsha Vye: I second that.

Sabrina: What a coincidence.  I came here to talk about exactly that.  The power crystal I was using for the barrier is beginning to die.  I need to head back to the Summerset Isle to get a new one.  Until them, wake up that city guard you were busy using our tax dollars to pay.  Tell them they can start actually doing...you know...their job.

Councilor Garrick: ...Is that all you wanted, Ms. Bizra?

Sabrina: Yep.  I'll be gone for about a week.  three days to get there.  A day or two to search.  Three days to get back.  Thank you for your time Marsha, Julius, and...COUNCILOR Dave.

Sabrina leaves with her hands in her pockets.  As they shut the door behind them, Cyan pauses.

Cyan: Professor Bizra, it has come to my attention that, while you did no falsify your report, you all did not reveal the full extent of the situation.

Sabrina: Because if they knew I was going out to find Norn, they'd cut my funding...the funding that allows me to maintain you...and everything else I've made for this city.  Now, come along, Cyan.  We have work to do.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Administrator
Administrator

Roleplay Characters
Roleplay1:
Roleplay2:
Roleplay3:

PostSubject: Re: Wishful Thinking: Voyage of the Sun   Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:43 am

Down the streets of Kantor City, Lucas, a young Zuman, walks along the street with his friend Isaac.

"So how's the apprenticing going? There has to be some reason I only see you twice a week outside class." Isaac asked.

"It's going fine." Lucas responded faintly.

"Come on, something's up. What is it? Your sis didn't show you up again, did she?" Isaac said, leaning back and putting his hands behind his head.

"No. Well yea, she learned a new fighting sequence but that's not it. Back at Kinderah Avenue, the old man says he's seeing some apparitions from the days of the old kingdom floating about or somethin'. Told me wants me to test my skills soon. Says I should be going on a trip, a journey, to put real experience in my paws." Lucas says, flicking his tail.

"Do you even know what an 'apparition' is?" Isaac asked.

"Nope. I figured it out it's something that is affected only by certain kinds of magic, eventually. The old man says a lot of big words that don't make sense. At least he's a genius of a mage."

"Yea but he certainly trains you hard. We have to play bankers and robbers again soon. But I'm at my alley so I'll catch up with you later. Later Luke." Isaac said turning off.

"Catch you later," Lucas said half-smiling.

Lucas waved goodbye as he continued his way. The next several minutes he wove his way through other pedestrians with his hands in his green jacket and flicking his tail. Walking down the sidewalk, a glisten to the side caught Lucas' attention.

He crossed the street in a flash and walked up straight to a woman with her silver brief case.

"Oh, that is really cool looking, it's so reflective," Lucas said, staring at the face smiling back.

Lucas took a breath in; then almost fell backwards as his nose cringed.

"Gnarly!" he yelped, taking a step back. "Definitely up there on the list."

"Hey lady, what's in this weird case?" Lucas barked, head cocked slightly sideways.
Back to top Go down
Ink
Banned
Banned

Roleplay Characters
Roleplay1:
Roleplay2:
Roleplay3:

PostSubject: Re: Wishful Thinking: Voyage of the Sun   Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:47 pm

Cyan pauses and looks down at the little boy that had stopped to ask.  She blinks and then turns her entire body to face him.

Cyan: I am not authorized to provide that information.  The contents of this case are sensitive.

She stares at the boy mechanically and emotionlessly.  Her voice has a robotic quality behind it and it's like talking to a machine.  Meanwhile, Sabrina, who was well ahead by now, turns when she realizes that Cyan isn't right behind her.  When she sees the kid, she walks over to them with her hands in her lab coat pockets.

Sabrina: Cyan, is there a problem here, or...

Cyan: No, ma'am.  This boy wished to know the contents of the case.  I was just telling him that I am not allowed to share that data.

Sabrina: Uh-huh.  And who're you, kid?
Back to top Go down
Raven
Administrator
Administrator

Roleplay Characters
Roleplay1:
Roleplay2:
Roleplay3:

PostSubject: Re: Wishful Thinking: Voyage of the Sun   Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:17 am

Hasteriver Town:
The door swings open and the bell chimes. Out walks onto the sidewalk a young lady with long brown hair, a red shirt, burgundy skirt, and off-blue jacket. She was carrying a bag of culinary goods. Alchemy ingredients to be exact, but some regular groceries.

"There aren't any signs. Outta my way, feline brat, I'm done dealing with this delay."

Mara looked nearby to see a dog and cat fight so to speak. She quickly walked over to them.

Meanwhile Kinara is getting more annoyed at the outbursts of the little punk who ran into her.

"Don't make me run my spear through your hide next, lil' kitty," Kinara growled.

"Excuse me, is there an issue?" Mara questioned.

Kinara looked at her surprised, then returned her ears to the angered position.
"Yea this brat doesn't know how to maintain the value of a newly acquired beaver carcass." She said as she watched the other woman glance over her, the kid, and the beaver hide.

"I see. Well you don't need to worry about her anymore. She's with me." Mara said, moving one arm on the girl's shoulder, grip fairly strong, keeping her from running away.

"With you? Well at least someone is dealing with her."

Mara shifted her bags, before her eyes lit up.

"Ah, you're Kinara Hantsune, a huntress whose staying in town." Mara recollected. "My brother heard of you from his buddy at the tavern. You've done a fine job making a name for yourself. Usually it takes at least two years to win over the attentions of the men in this town. You did it in less than four months. Congrats."

"Yea sure, thanks. Men fork over the most money. So what are you gonna do about her?" Kinara said pointing to the kid. "She better not almost ruin my merchandise again. I have sales to make."

Both women looked down at the cat girl.

"Hmm, more cute than a Puella root," Mara said with a smile.
"Don't mind her, she's just rushing home now for I'm making dinner. She's just cranky from hunger. I got delayed because I ran out a major ingredient."

Kinara huffed. "Very well. I will be heading off then. But she better not mess with my fresh hunts in the future, or she's the next sale. Got it?"

"Of course. Enjoy your time in town." Mara said, leading K away.

After a few blocks separated them, Mara stopped walking and handed the girl a just purchased roll.

"I don't know what you're doing, but running into her again would be a mistake. If you want something more to eat, you'll follow me home for dinner." Mara said. She then continued her walk home

Lucas twitched his ear at this unanswered question, then rubbed his nose.

"You two are strange ladies. The name's Lucas. I'm the apprentice to the old man on Kinderah Avenue if that means anything to you." He said. Then while motioning the briefcase with the back of his hand he added, "so what's in this case?"

The lady in charge in the lab coat blinked at him. Lucas twitched his tail rightward impatiently.

"Don't tell me nothing. I know what air smells like. Even polluted city air. This ain't air. It's all cold and metal-y inside but there's a hint of natural crap that burns my nose. Like Norn sprinkles on a metal cupcake. Come on. What wierd gizmos are in this thing?"
Back to top Go down
Ink
Banned
Banned

Roleplay Characters
Roleplay1:
Roleplay2:
Roleplay3:

PostSubject: Re: Wishful Thinking: Voyage of the Sun   Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:45 pm

[Hasteriver]

The instant this stranger threatens K, her ears stand straight up. The little thing races up and gets in the fox girl's face with a fire in her eye. Then she hisses.

K: You want claw marks in places you didn't know you had, rover?

K didn't care how much she was dwarfed by anyone. She didn't take threats well and took belittlement even worse. Her tail whips around behind her as she practically stands on her toes to get on eye level with this woman. Then they're interrupted. "--She's with me."

Whoa, there! Waitaminute! Who the heck are you?! I don't need any help! This broad's asking' for it! Le'me at her!

K retracts a bit when this new stranger intervenes and she appears to be taken off guard by the arrival. "--At least someone is dealing with her."

K: I'll 'deal with' you, ya puffed up canine!

K gets ready to lunge with her claws but is held back. "--She's just cranky from hunger."

K: CRANKY?! Mreeow, I oughtta-!

When the woman gets ready to leave and threatens to make K her next sale, K immediately begins lunging at her before being held back, this time conceding her turning her back to Mara with crossed arms and puffing up one cheek.

I mean, I AM pretty adorable, but that chick was ASKING for it! I should'a scratched her up GOOD.

Upon being led away and told that avoiding that woman would be advisable, K tunes Mara out entirely until she hands her the roll then starts talking about food. K stands there and stares at her for a moment as she leaves. Her arms are crossed and her face is pouty. But then she looks at the roll in her hands and gives up, following Mara but keeping a distance away.

Meanwhile, toward the front gate of the town is a woman in a red cloak with burning red eyes, glowing golden locks, and the features of a goddess. As she walks in, a beggar appears before her and she smiles warmly, dropping a few coins into his hat before proceeding toward the marketplace.

[Kantor City]

Sabrina looks at the kid, then at the case, keeping her hands in her pockets while Cyan stands there and stares mechanically at the child.

Sabrina: It's just some sensitive machinery used for research. It'd bore you, kid.

Then Cyan's eyes flash red again and the city alarm starts going off. Sabrina looks up to Cyan. Following that, the sound of thunder tumbles over the city. Everyone in the area looks up. The barrier was pulsing as if something was hitting it from the outside...HARD.

Sabrina: What-?

Cyan: Alert. Barrier stability has been compromised. Now at 83% Addendum. Barrier Drive is no longer supporting the power crystal.

Sabrina: That isn't possible.

The councilors soon appear at the door, looking up at the barrier.

Councilor Garrick: I can see now, Bizra, that we were right to be skeptical in the beginning. Magic and Science are not one in the same. You cannot force fit one to benefit the other. Using a magical Norn Artifact to power that machine of yours was never going to-

Sabrina covers Garrick's doubtful mouth for a moment, appearing to be taking the time to think. Her mind races over a hundred ideas a minute, all while Cyan is giving her a status report on the barrier.

Sabrina: I can fix this.

Sabrina then abruptly runs off without looking back, Cyan following close behind. Meanwhile, the barrier is rattling as monsters mass inside the so-called safe zone, ramming the barrier from the outside.

Sabrina: This isn't supposed to be happening.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Administrator
Administrator

Roleplay Characters
Roleplay1:
Roleplay2:
Roleplay3:

PostSubject: Re: Wishful Thinking: Voyage of the Sun   Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:51 pm

I wanna try this script style. Seems kinda fun.

[hasteriver]
Mara walks home, only stopping to grab a quick spice from a shop just down the street. She notices the girl is keeping her distance. She opens the door into the restaurant and walks behind the mall lobby into the back kitchen. She places her groceries on the counter and starts cooking. Mara sweeps into preparing many different foods, quickly dicing vegetables and stirring meats. Mara sings softly while she works, taking a moment to hand a small piece of meat on the table for the girl before continuing with the vegetables.

Mara: Dear, could you please grab that spice I just bought from my bag?

Into the kitchen Mara's brother Aaron walks in and notices a new presence in the back kitchen.

Aaron: Sis, who's the kid?

Aaron has looks at the girl with an inquiring look. Mara glances up from the dish.

Mara: We are having a dinner guest tonight. Tell Emile too. I don't want him shooing her out. Food will be ready in seven minutes.

Mara goes back to singing while she continues cooking for her audience.

Still growling to herself, Kinara pridefully walks into the market. Shifting the beaver carcass on her shoulder, she sniffs the air.

Kinara: I smell a good deal coming.

Kinara heads over to the area she normally sets up shop. She gets out a blanket a lays it out. From the back of the market stalls, she grabs a table (not technically hers) and sets it out on the mat. The beaver is placed on it, and sprayed with a bit of Yoka Dust, a mineral from Kinara's homeland that better preserves a specimen and enriches its appearance to the buyer. Kinara puts the small bottle back in her cloak and sits, waiting for the right costumer.

Over a few minutes, several regulars try to purchase the beaver, but Kinara declines them all. No one seems to be making the best deal for such a rare kill.

[Kantor City ]

The barrier pulsing causes fear to spike through the area. Lucas kept twitching his tail as he listened to the one woman reporting the status with the city alarm going off.

Lucas: How would you know all that, lady? And why are your eyes red? Oh great, what does High Jerk want?

The whole city knows who the the councilmen are. The old man calls more than half of them 'pompus'. They're real annoying, though not as much as the alarm blaring in my ears.

Lucas had his hands over his ears to keep them from ringing less. However he still picked up a hint of what the fancy, panicking councilman was saying. After a moment, the lady in the coat fled and the glowing red eyed one followed.

Lucas: Hey, wait!

Lucas follows them before the councilman could make a comment to him. He sees them turn a corner. After another block he loses them, however Lucas takes a second to sniff the ground, then the surrounding air, picking up their scents. He cuts through a tiny alley nearby to the next street an other road. they were only about 20 feet in front of him. Lucas continues running, yelling as he went.

Lucas: Hey, that guy said you used a magical Norn artifact. I'm a mage's apprentice. Would you need my help?
Back to top Go down
Ink
Banned
Banned

Roleplay Characters
Roleplay1:
Roleplay2:
Roleplay3:

PostSubject: Re: Wishful Thinking: Voyage of the Sun   Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:00 pm

[Attn: Hasteriver]

K stands in the back of the kitchen, nibbling on the roll she'd been given.  She sports a rather sour face, looking off to the side as if moping over being beaten at some grand event.  She can't hold that expression for long, though.  The instant her acute sense of smell catches the scent of the food, the girl's face lights up.  She tries, repeatedly, to remain mopey but she can't help it.  It was the best she could do to keep from melting on the spot.

Meow!  That. Smells. So. GOOD!  Food!  Gimme, Gimme!

[Attn: Kantor]

Sabrina doesn't even slow down.  However, she does look back to acknowledge him before turning to face ahead again.

Sabrina: If you think you can be of use, kid, then by all means, tag along!  Cyan, we need to be there yesterday!

Cyan: Understood, Professor.

Cyan pauses and suddenly some form of contraption emerges from her back.  It appears to be some form of glowing turbine.  The inlays along her sleeves, torso, and face light up bright blue.  She then takes Sabrina's hand and Luke's and before anyone can say or do anything, she takes off down the street, her feet not even touching the ground as she leaves clouds of dust in her wake.  They moved so fast that it felt like she might topple anything in her way.  Yet she avoided absolutely everything in her path with unbelievable precision.

They stop in front of the Barrier House where Sabrina built the device to maintain the city's main defense against the beasts from beyond the walls.  Sabrina isn't even rattled by the breakneck pace of the trip.  Cyan turns her loose and Sabrina rushes to the door.  It was sealed.  Cyan lets Lucas go and approaches the door, prying it open with her bare hands.  He eyes still flashed red, and now much faster.  Sabrina rushes inside the moment the door is open.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Administrator
Administrator

Roleplay Characters
Roleplay1:
Roleplay2:
Roleplay3:

PostSubject: Re: Wishful Thinking: Voyage of the Sun   Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:51 am

[Hasteriver]
A few quick moments and the last of the course is taken out of the oven.

Mara: Dinner's ready.

Soon Aaron and Emile come into the kitchen while Mara sets the silverware. The full course meal takes up most of the table, its scent permeating the air. The family sits at the table.

During the course of the meal, Mara and her brothers discussed the happenings about the restaurant, making plans for the next week of business.

Mara make it clear that she does not want her brothers making their guest uncomfortable, so each time they (mostly Aaron) try to tease the young cat, Mara either gives them a dirty dagger-eyes glare or starts talking about new alchemy recipes she's thinking about.

Dinner is finished and Mara brings out a tray of brownies from the counter. She cuts pieces for everyone then starts on the dinner dishes.

To his brother, Aaron: You know, Sis sings so well, you'd know she wouldn't try screeching on top of a moonlit fence. No need for garbage picking.

Emile backhands his brother in the head.

Emile: Don't you have chefs downstairs to manage? I have to go through the bills tonight or it's your turn.

Placing hand on his head, Aaron: Yea you're right. I'll get going now. Thanks for a great dinner Sis.

Mara: Of course Aaron.

Aaron rushes out the door.

Aaron: Nice eating with you squirt. Come back sometime.

Emile hands the rest of the table plates to Mara leaves to do bookkeeping. Mara finishes the dishes.

[Kantor]
Lucas spins around a few times after being let go. He reorients himself by the time Cyan opens the door. Lucas follows them into the Barrier House towards a room.

The medium large room is filled with electronic devices galore, filling up each corner. In the rooms center is a large machine, with several blinking lights and levers. Lucas notices how the lights blink in sync with the lady he's taken to be called 'Cyan'. The sirens are fairly loud, giving further warning to the already red back-lighting.

Lucas looks up wide eyed.

Lucas: My furry tail.
Back to top Go down
Ink
Banned
Banned

Roleplay Characters
Roleplay1:
Roleplay2:
Roleplay3:

PostSubject: Re: Wishful Thinking: Voyage of the Sun   Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:15 pm

[Hasteriver]

K's eyes widened and glossed over as she beamed down at the food on the table.  Her tiny little fangs twinkled as her mouth hung open in her awe inspired stare.  The moment it was announced that they could go ahead and eat, her ears perked upright and she got herself ready to rip into it before noticing the look she was getting from Mara.  She then began to eat in a...somewhat more civilized manner.  That didn't last terribly long, but she'd done it.

Now she sits in her seat, fully content and watching everyone else go on about their business.  Her ears twitch and perk up as she overhears Aaron.  Her face twists into an irritated glare and she starts glaring at him over her shoulder.  "Nice eating with you, squirt-"

K: SQUIRT?  Ya little runt, I ought'a-!

Suddenly, K catches a brownie in her hands and immediately pops the chocolaty treat into her maw.  Her face perks up into a satisfied smile and she calms down.

Yyyyyyyyum! Wha was I talkin' about?

Later, K bursts out through the front door after saying goodbye, rushing off down the street to get on her way back to her "home".  Suddenly, though, she bumps into the red-eyed blonde woman that was new to town.

???: Oh my.  Are you all right?

K lies there in the street, her eyes twirling.  She sees stars for a moment before springing up into a sitting position, holding her head.

K: Meouwch...

The woman notices K's tail and her head tilts.

???: Oh.  A zuman.  That's quite rare.  Here, allow me to help you up.

K: Thanks, lady, but I can help myself.

K picks herself up and dusts off before looking up into the woman's eyes.  K's own yellow eyes twinkle for a moment and she seems mesmerized.

???: Perhaps you could help me.  My name is Mel.  Do you know where the Mayor might be?  I checked his office and he wasn't in.

K: What, Butterball?  Check his vault in the middle of town.  He's usually in there, making out with his money.

Mel I see...thank you.

Mel then walks off, her hooded red pancho swaying as she steps.  K watches her disappear and gets ready to dart away again, stopping before she steps down on something.  There was a book in the street.  Her ears droop down and she picks it up, opening it.  She discovers that it's in some form of bizarre other language that, at first, her mind has no grasp of.  Yet, suddenly, something in her eyes clicks and she starts reading through it like a little computer.  There were only three full pages, but she races through it in seconds before slamming the book shut.

K: Whoa.

She looks around and runs off with it to her alley.  There she flips thumbs through the three pages.

K: Mel's Journal.  Day fourty-seven.  "I finally found the town that had what I was looking for.  My little quest should be over soon.  Now that I have the map, the Sun of Lore is in my reach."  WAIT!  The Sun of Lore!  That thing's LEGENDARY!  She's going after that?

K turns the book and violently shakes it until a folded piece of paper falls out.  Then she picks it up, unfolding it and looking it over.  It was blank...and yet...something nagged at her from the back of her mind.

K: Show me the Sun of Lore.

As if ink had been put to the paper, the map alters itself, drawing out a map of the entire region and then outlining a route before zooming in on K's current location.

K: Me-OW, this is awesome!  Whoa.  With this thing, I could be the greatest treasure hunter ever.  Gold, incredible finds, norn artifacts galore!

Then something occurs to K and her ears perk up before she looks back at the book.

K: And why stop there?

She then opens the page to where Mel had mentioned the Sun of Lore, a smile shaping on her face.  K sleeps well that night.  She curls herself up in her little makeshift bed, smiling as she uses the book as a pillow.  But the sleep doesn't last as long as she'd probably like.  She's instantly woken up by a combination of a powerful aroma entering her sensitive nose and a loud, ongoing roar catching in her sensitive ears.  It isn't until she gets up that she is alerted to what's happening.  The sound is too loud and too familiar.  But the smell is far worse.  It's the smell of ash.

Getting up and rushing out from her alley, she sees enormous pillars of smoke, filling the night sky.  Then she grabs the book, wraps it in a sheet, and takes off into town with it.  It gets worse as she gets closer to the center of the town.  More buildings were on fire than she could count, and they were all entirely engulfed.

K: Gods.

[Kantor]

Sabrina stops at one of the control panels and starts cycling through it.  The machine at the center of the room opens up, revealing the crystal in the center.  It has turned jet black and opaque.  Sabrina turns and runs over to the control panel in the center.

Sabrina: This isn't supposed to be happening...wait...how did Dave know I used a-

Cyan: Professor, I am detecting a spike in energy output from the device.  Alert. This output through the Barrier Engine has a 99.99% chance of generating a Negaton Effect Field.  Addendum.  This Effect Field will take the place of the barrier, encompassing the entire city.

Sabrina: You can't be serious.

Cyan: Warning.  Maximum Output Limit reached.  Overload Inevitable.  Recommend Immediate Evacuation.

Sabrina can hardly think straight right now.  She just looks back and forth between the control panel at her hands and the machine directly in front of her.

Sabrina: Before or after Negaton Feedback?

Cyan: After.  Alert.  Monster have breached the barrier.  Addendum.  Monsters appear to be in swarm formation, approaching the barrier chamber.

Sabrina: Cyan, you go hold them off.  Kid, cast a barrier over yourself.

Cyan nods and jets outside, her forearms expanding into a couple of large mortars as the jet-like pack extends from her back and the stabilizers from her heels.
Back to top Go down
Ink
Banned
Banned

Roleplay Characters
Roleplay1:
Roleplay2:
Roleplay3:

PostSubject: Re: Wishful Thinking: Voyage of the Sun   Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:42 pm

All right, we're going to be picking up just before the point where we left off on Vir's. The following is edited to include slug lines to make location tracking easier. Whenever you change location or time-of-day, please write a new slug line to indicate such, as seen below.

At this moment, we're between episodes. So we can do a round of posting just to get everyone on the same page and then move on. As a recap for K's group (seeing as that is the one that is mired by the most problems) they are on their way to the town of Efreet, where Mara plans on meeting up with her brothers after telling them to flee there earlier in the story. Where Raven wants to take that is up to her. Unless she would like to leave that up to anyone else. But there are plenty of options: the boys are missing, the town is being attacked by monsters, if we really want to tie this to the plot, Mel could be there or something (just work that one out with me, first, please), etc.

Ink wrote:

RED FOREST - NIGHT

The instant K senses her space being doubly violated, she tries to reverse leapfrog over whoever has gotten behind her.  However, the instant she puts the added pressure on her ankle, it sends the pain of a thousand stabbing needles up her leg, petrifying her.  Before she can react, she's up on the man's shoulders.

She tries to make a snappy remark but the pain in her leg welds her mouth shut.  Her hair practically stands on end.

RED FOREST, CAMPSITE - NIGHT

By the time they reach a spot to set up camp, the pain dies down and bit and K occupies a tent, pitched by Lassy.

Before Lassy retires, she catches Nebu, sitting alone near a tree.

Lassy: Hey, Hound Dog.

Nebu: Nebu.

Lassy: Right.  Nebu.  You're a monster.

Nebu chuckles.

Nebu: How astute of you.  Did you come to that conclusion all by yourself?

Lassy: I ain't stupid, ya sarcastic mutt.  So tell me somethin'.  You ever seen Mordubeasts randomly attack people?  Or Dire Wolves huntin' in packs?

Nebu stops for a moment to ponder, looking up into the night sky.

Nebu: Now that you mention it, that does seem rather odd.  Perhaps there is something wrong with the spirit energy in the area.  Of course, there is the less likely but more frightening possibility.

Lassy: That somethin's wrong with Wyk.

Nebu: My, you certainly do know your stuff.  Not common for a Frontier native.

Lassy tips her hat down and sheathes her gunsabre, walking back towards the campsite.  She takes up a seat and pulls her hat down over her eyes to rest when Gale trots over the speak with her.

RED FOREST, CAMPSITE - MORNING

Come morning, there is a loud sound of pain.  Lassy tips up her hat and the others all pop out of the tents or sit up from their sleeping bags to find K, standing over Gale with the claws out on one of her hands, having brought them clean across Gale's face, leaving a red mark.

K: Pull that crap again and next time I'll make sure it scars.

She turns and walks off, sitting on a rock whilst the others all go on about packing up the campsite.

AGRABAH, KISHIOU'S HOUSE - MORNING

Cyan opens the window to Sabrina's room in the morning, allowing sunlight to pour in and shower the professor.  Sabrina hisses and tries to hide herself beneath the covers of the bed.  Cyan, however, yanks the covers clean off and Sabrina groans.

After getting cleaned up, Sabrina heads downstairs.

Sabrina: All right, so the plan is to find a Treasure Hunter in this town that can help us reach our objective ASAP.

Cyan: Population analysis suggests that the place with the highest concentration of individuals liable to assist with our mission is the local saloon.

Sabrina: That place again, huh?

Sabrina sighs.  She walks toward the door and opens it, stepping outside.

Sabrina: The rest of you can stay here.  I'll bring back any help we can-

Axel: Heeeeelp!!!

Sabrina: Eh?

Axel shows up, rushing towards the house, only to run into Cyan, who remains planted like a wall of brick.  She catches him in her arms and looks him over.

Cyan: I appear to have caught the waiter from yesterday.
Back to top Go down
EonArashi
Pen Wielder
Pen Wielder

Humor : Of course. A humor section. After all, everyone knows that the best way to tell a joke is to have no context, and just improv on the fly *rolls eyes*

PostSubject: Re: Wishful Thinking: Voyage of the Sun   Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:21 pm

So... Aeris and her tendency with innuendo. Honestly, I fought with this for three days, but her muse just refused to cooperate with me. It was initially worse than this, but it wouldn't get any less perverted than what I have here without sounding forced. If you don't get the joke... well, you can ask. But I wouldn't advise it.

*goes and drinks a gallon of Brain Bleach*

...by the way, Ink. Should we import our character bios from Vir's site?

[Red Forest, Campsite- Night]

Aeris sighs irritably, having packed up her gear for nothing. "Fine, fine," she mutters. "Brats. Packing it in so early... we'd better be rising with the sun to make up for lost time."

Nebu looks faintly insulted at the "brats" comment, but Aeris simply slots him a flat look. "Yes, even you. You might be 184, but that's practically an eyeblink to me."

She pulls out the fur she'd wrapped up, flapping it out and letting it hang from a branch before bringing out a salt kit and grinding some into the skin thoroughly so that it drys.

She perks up at the mention of her coat. "I have enough for three, Kinara. I plan to keep one for myself and sell the others, but if you'd like one..."

She trails off, losing her attention again as she goes back to fiddling with her salt kit. She takes a glance over at Mara, finding the kindly cook sitting on a stump nearby and mumbling to herself and fiddling a bit with her new gun as Lassy and Nebu have their chat nearby. "Hey. What's got you so lost in your head, Mar-Mar?"

Mara snaps out of it, giving Aeris a flat look for the less-than-stellar nickname. "Really? Are you in kindergarten, Aeris?" Shaking her head, Mara stares back down at her knees. "Just... my brothers. I'm a bit worried about them. I know they escaped the fire in Hasteriver, but I don't know where they are exactly, or how they're doing. Knowing that Mel woman is so strong and crazy... I just can't help but feel a little nervous. Like she might hunt them down or... or just destroy the town they're hiding in and they'll be caught in it this time."

The sylph hums, grinding a bit more salt into the dire wolf pelts before putting away the salt kit. "That's a pretty good reason to worry, but you have to keep believing that things will turn out all right. That we can find them, or we can stop Mel. And you must believe that if everything isn't quite peachy-keen, we can make it so." She flicks her long green hair over her shoulder, giving Mara a keen wink and a smirk. "Just don't get all knotted up in your head, dear. It's not good for that pretty face of yours." The smirk twists into a lewd grin, making Aeris' half-mad eyes twinkle merrily. "Trust me, I've seen plenty of knotting before, and that can get messy if you're not calm while it happens."

Nebu, who had finished his talk with Lassy, gives Aeris a look of such disapproval that it's obvious even on his canine features. "You are obscene, Aeris. And that is coming from a monster species, self-aware or no."

Aeris giggles happily. "Oh yes, I know. That's half the fun of life." She smiles towards the slightly grossed-out Mara. "Do keep my advice in mind, dear. Though I'm sure I could give you other advice should you-"

Mara promptly claps her hands over her ears and starts muttering a refrain of "see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil."

Aeris laughs long and loud, making Nebu walk off shaking his head.

[Agrabah- Kishiou's House- Morning]

Kishiou yawns widely as she comes downstairs, dressed the same as yesterday, before blinking at the commotion going on outside her house.

"Oh jeez. Not again," she groans aloud, ears drooping and tail twitching in exasperation. "Axel, whose girl did you unintentionally mack on now?"

Kirei, who is drinking coffee at the table, glances up in a baffled manner. "How on earth do you unintentionally- never mind."

The fox Zum shrugs, snagging her own coffee cup and filling it from the carafe next to the stove. "By the way, Kirei, I checked your equipment and noticed your blast globe stock was a little low, so I took the liberty of filling it up."

Kirei grimaces, slanting a look at her. "Those are expensive-"

"And if the world ends because you're one grenade short, it won't matter. You can pay me back later if it means that much to you."

Being too restrained to sigh out loud, Kirei just drinks another sip of coffee. "I think I liked it better when you actually listened to me."

"Liar liar, pants on fire~" Kishiou sing-songs, taking a sip of her hot beverage.

"You stay away from my pants, vixen. I prefer not having burns in unmentionable places."

Kishiou promptly chokes on her coffee. Kirei smirks into his mug with triumphant vitriol.

While his contact is coughing, the black-suited mercenary turns towards the young silver-haired fox boy coming down the stairs. "By the way, kit. Thanks for giving me the bed. It was very generous of you." With that he polishes off the last of his coffee, and stands. "Axel, was it? How can we assist you?"
Back to top Go down
Ink
Banned
Banned

Roleplay Characters
Roleplay1:
Roleplay2:
Roleplay3:

PostSubject: Re: Wishful Thinking: Voyage of the Sun   Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:18 pm

K's Party

Episode 4:

RED FOREST - DAY

Taking point of the group is Nebu, guiding everyone through the forest. Immediately behind him, K trots along, hands behind her head and tail waving about. Lassy covers the rear, polishing her Gunsabre along the way. Upon reaching the edge of the forest, with the first exposure to open sky in days, Nebu pauses. He stands atop the nearby hill and turns back to the others, nodding over the horizon.

Nebu: I believe we have reached our destination.

K rushes ahead of everyone, standing beside Nebu and shielding her eyes from the sun as she peers down the hill. Off in the distance is the town of Rawling. A decently sized cultural spot, Rawling's most notable feature is a statue at its center, depicting the hero of legend, Noel, visible even from here.

K's eyes twinkle.

K: Whoooaa.

Nebu: Kittens are so easily entertained.

K shoots Nebu a glare.

K: Go chew on a bone, mutt?

Nebu: Now, now. Behave yourself, or I'll take away your ball of yarn.

K clenches a fist and turn to Nebu, but Lassy Lassy joins them and looks toward Rawling, her hands on her hips.

Lassy: That's our stop, all right.

She tips her hat back down and proceeds downhill, sheathing her Gunsabre.

Sabrina's Party

AGRABAH, KISHIOU'S HOUSE - MORNING

Cyan's eyes flash.

Cyan: Professor, I am detecting signs of atmospheric pressure buildup. It would appear that heavy winds approach. In this environment-

Sabrina looks off in the distance.

Sabrina: Dust storm. Got it.

Axel looks over his shoulder and into the distance. On the horizon is an approaching cloud of dust. He squints at it and suddenly recoils, moving around Cyan and hiding behind her.

Axel: That's not a dust storm. That's-

At the front of the cloud is a stampede of women, all with googley eyes and screaming for Axel. Sabrina stares, mouth agape and glassing on the tip of her nose at the size of the mob. She pushes up her glasses and turns to Axel.

Sabrina: What did you do?

Axel sighs.

Axel: Does being born count as something I "did"?
Back to top Go down
DuskCorruption
Pen Wielder
Pen Wielder

PostSubject: Re: Wishful Thinking: Voyage of the Sun   Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:28 am

Red Forest - Day

Gale breathes in deeply finally seeing their destination. He smirks as he begins his decent down.

Gale: "Shall I help you down the hill youngling?"

Gale reaches his hand forward as the small fry takes a swipe at it, luckily Gale’s reflexes and remembrance from that morning kicked in and he pulled his hand away in time. He smiles and walks carefully watching the others before Mare asks a question that causes him to stop in his stride.

Mara: “So, I know I’m new in the kitchen when it comes to firearms but. When do I get a weapon that shoots like hers?" (pointing at Lassy)

Gale pauses as Lassy’s ears twinge from her mention.

Gale: “Mara… a weapon is not gauged by how powerful it’s on its own. It’s gauged by how it’s handled and what it’s used for. There are things that you need to weigh before wanting to go for the best. I’m losing you aren’t I. Lets say you’re in a kitchen and you want to use some spice you never had before. Do you just dump it all in and hope the dish comes out well, or do you gently experiment until you understand it?”

Mara pauses as well, it begins to sink in.

Mara: “Oh, so you don’t want to rush it, okay I kind of get it.”

Gale: “Another way you can look at it can be a complement to the ladies, you don’t want to rush in, you want to gauge the situation and decided on how to play the field.”

Kinara walks by with a roll of her eyes.

Gale: “I see you rolling those eyes at me girl, you know one day you’re gonna come crawling on over on all fo….”

Gale catches site of K looking at him again causing him to stop mid-sentence. Nebu walks by giving him the look that speaks many words, but the only word Gale needed to catch was “Idiot.” While he stands with his hand on the back of his head he feels something rub softly on his back, he turns to see Aeries with an outstretched hand.

Gale: “Oh, hey there, did I make you upset that I didn't ment….”

A blast of air sends Gale tumbling towards Kinara who promptly delivers a kick that sends him into the air casting roughly a Gale sized shadow across the party.

Standing and dusting himself off he catches up quickly to the party.

Gale: “So continuing on our topic before I stumbled back there.”

Suddenly his voice alters and the familiar female tone appears.

Aphrodite: “Guns like hers are usually held by bellicose monsters who don’t care about the simplest of lives.”

Lassy turns back and opens her mouth but is quickly cut off by Aphrodite.

Aphrodite: “True, she used hers pretty well and I haven’t seen enough to judge her fully. I’m sure there has been a long road of mistakes that have led up to her use of the weapon she now carries just the same as Gale.”

Lassy turns back towards the town while having a brief discussion with Nebu while Aphordite continues.

Gales body turns around and begins to slide down the landscape as if on a track. He continues to slide backwards perfectly balanced and confident as Aphrodite continues to speak.

Aphoridte: “Now in case you are really that new to the world of ways to kill other people, her weapon is unlike anything you will ever wield. Its potential seems to exist in another realm and fires unlike anything that size should ever do. You see the shells Gale carries around, they are what is required for him to produce his disgusting displays of violence. So to answer your first question. When will you get a weapon like hers? Not anytime soon... probably never... unless you feel like learning the noble art of theft or assassination?”

A really rough patch of rocks comes along and Aphrodotie puts the breaks on Gale’s body perfectly stopping him. His voice returns to normal.

Gale: “Ok, thats enough with playing with my body for now, I’m a grown man and I can pay perfectly fine attention to my surroundings at all… Whao, where these rocks come from? This looks kind of dangerous… Let me give you hand little one."

Gale places his hand on K’s shoulder and with a lightning fast swipe the pain of a slash on Gale’s wrist navigates it’s way to his system. At first his hand pulls away but suddenly stops mid-stride and contort a bit. With a jolt of speed and harshness K feels a grip on her neck as Gale’s face comes slamming down bumping her forehead with his. His face is cracking and splitting. Porcelain cracks, blood and gore break through as part of Aphrodites face pushes forward, half of Gale’s mouth is torn to reveal her razor-sharp teeth. In a horrifying voice she speaks, but quiet enough that none other than K can hear.

Aphordite (her actually voice, not the one she uses speaking through Gale) “I love pain, can’t get enough of it. Every experience is elation to me. But my friend doesn’t. In fact he seems to have the opposite feeling for it. So we’re gonna play a new game missy. Whenever you get angry that Mr. Glass Chin here wants to help you, and you react violently… I’m going to push him aside so that we can have a play date, and I don’t play well with others.”

Aphrodite demented face does a biting motion so close to K’s face she can feel the pressure and warmth. Suddenly Gale snaps back up and seems to grab his face in a painful expression. Raising his eyes to meet the others who are starring in awkward silence while fresh cuts and scraps can be seen stitching over in the usually way.

Gale: “Whao, headrush… what just happened? Oh, I remember. Come on guys were almost there, I want to sleep in a real bed. Oh, K, can I help you down?

Gale extends his hands forward, clearly not realizing what just occurred between Aphrodite and K.
Back to top Go down
EonArashi
Pen Wielder
Pen Wielder

Humor : Of course. A humor section. After all, everyone knows that the best way to tell a joke is to have no context, and just improv on the fly *rolls eyes*

PostSubject: Re: Wishful Thinking: Voyage of the Sun   Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:44 pm

[Red Forest- Day (Prior to Ink's post)]

Aeris hums a toneless tune as she waltzes along the forest path, sometimes dancing a bit in and out of the group, much to the annoyance of some. She can't really help herself though; as a spirit of the air, she's as flighty as the come, unconstrained energy flowing out of her in all directions, like the wind.

Continuing onward, her steps lead her next to Lassy, second in their formation as the heaviest hitter and best tactical asset. It is the perfect place for her, putting her in position to follow up on any enemy that Nebu spots, and allowing her to signal the rest of the group easily if he notices something out of place. They'd formed into such a group unconsciously; those with prior training fell into their ideal roles while the newbies had filled in the gaps without realizing. Aeris finds it quaint, but nonetheless does her part by orbiting the group, constantly providing perimeter support by alternating positions on the fringes of their formation, ensuring that any enemy that wants to ambush them would be unable to launch a coordinated attack on the flanks without the unexpected threat of another person.

"Sooo, Lassy?" Aeris asks as she skips over to the russet gunslinger, walking backwards on light feet.

Lassy looks up with a blink, as though surprised that Aeris is even speaking to her. "Yeah? Yer the sylph... Aeris, right?"

"Uh-huh. Anyway, I was wondering, that weapon of yours is a Norn Treasure, right?"

"Eeyup." Lassy fondly patted the sheath for the blade at her side. "This baby can shoot jus' about anything. Fireballs, lightning, sporks, even a mountain-chrushin' laser."

The sylph gives a bright, beaming smile, edged with a bit of sadistic glee. "That's quite nice. I'm partial to projectiles that cause a bit more gore, but that sounds very effective." She blinks a few times, something occurring to her that throws her off. "But, wait. Your affinity is Alchemy. It's patently obvious with those poisons and elixirs, and that bizarre pink potion you carry around. How can you even use it?"

Lassy chuckles, running her thumb over the hilt of her weapon. "Practice. Bushels and bunches of it. Ron wouldn't let me shoot th' darn thing for ages, but I finally got it on my own. Gotta be careful though; I've seen it rip somebody's arm off before."

Aeris stares at the weapon covetously, the way a jealous woman would stare at another's lover. "I want that thing so bad."

Lassy, with all her mastery of tact, chooses that moment to blow a raspberry at the longing sylph. "Too bad, Breezy. This here is mine, all mine."

"B-but... but... aw..." Aeris slumped in a picture-perfect pose of dejection. Lassy might've even bought it, if not for the merry twinkling in the ancient woman's green eyes. "Can I at least shoot it sometime?"

Lassy was in the motion of shaking her head when she did a perfect double-take. "Uh, no? Didja not hear what I said about blowin' yer arm off?"

"Psh." Aeris waves a hand in a dismissive manner. "I'm made of air, so it'd grow back. Eventually."

The cowgirl rolls her eyes. "I'm sure, but I ain't gonna just letcha blow yer arm off," she says, shrugging her shoulder. "We might need ya to have both, in case ya forgot."

Aeris cocks her head to the side blankly, then makes an excalamation of "ah!" and pounds her hand with the opposite fist. "Right, crazy klepto-pyro. Need me to crack some skulls. Sounds like fun!"

With that, Aeris waltzes off, leaving a confused Lassy blinking in her general direction in confusion.

[Agrabah- Kishiou's House- Morning]

Kirei Katsugiya was known as the Dark Gunner. He was feared throughout Vangelon as a killer and mercenary, and was capable of standing up to any threat, no matter how large.

That changes nothing when he looks at the approaching horde of lustful women, as terror boils through him and he takes an involuntary step backwards. "Uh... I think... I'll sit this one out if you don't mind."

"I mind," Kishiou growls directly into his ear, making him flinch bodily at the proximity and her tone of voice. He turns and stares at her with an expression bordering on panic as she steps around him and out of the group with a sly smile. "Axel, duck downstairs for a bit; I've got this," the pink-haired vixen calls over her shoulder as she saunters out the door and down the street to meet the coming mob.

"Limit of the graceful hands, cast down a line in the sand." Kishiou chants in an almost sing-song tone of voice as she walks. "Draw stars into skies, give truth unto the lies. Trees bend as winds blow, old highs become new lows." She perches on a barrel next to the t-intersection leading up to her house, kicking her legs back and forth as the stampede draws closer and closer. "What must change and what must end, as you tie middle to middle and end to end?"

The spell is called "Dueling Field", a territory that admits two people, and then becomes inescapable from inside or out until the field is either released or its caster is incapacitated. While normally such a spell would be impossible, Territory Creation bends the rules, making its principle ironclad.

With a flick of her fingers, a shimmering dome rises across the street before her, covering from wall to wall of the houses on either side. With a smile, she hops off the barrel as the oncoming cascade draws closer, and steps into the barrier.

The horde runs straight into the dome, but after the first person crosses the event horizon, the entire barrier locks up with a flicker of white light, and a massive human pileup ensues on the outside of the dome. The one girl who goes through, a young local barmaid she recognizes named Reese, crosses the entirety of the dome and smacks into the opposite wall before she realizes that something has happened.

"Ugh!" Reese exclaimed, falling backward onto the ground. The auburn-haired girl rubbed her nose, glaring at the invisible dome in front of her. "Who put a wall here?"

"Me," Kishiou said, walking over with her tail flicking back and forth. "I had to, otherwise the lot of you would have bulldozed straight over my house."

"Ah! You're the caretaker, right?" Reese asked. "Um- um... I'm sorry, we're just-"

"Searching for Axel, right?" At her stammering blush, the older woman smiles at her slightly. "Honey, I understand. If I wasn't head-over-heels for somebody already, I'd be chasing him too." Sadly, that is the truth. He's just that attractive; even level-headed Kishiou isn't immune to his charms. She smirks slightly, glad she has somebody else to focus her attentions on, and proceeds to... misdirect her a little. "Piece of advice from a tracker, Reese. If you loose sight of your prey, search in their natural habitats." At the poor girl's confused look, she elaborates, refraining from rolling her eyes. "Axel works as a maître d', therefore..."

"The restaurant district! Of course!" the barmaid exclaims, flashing the Zum a winning smile. "Thank you, Miss!"

Kishiou welcomes her with a tolerantly amused smile, letting down the barrier with another flick of her fingers, and the hordes are quickly turned around and scattered back the way they came. Holding in her laughter, Kishiou walks back to her house and lets loose her musical amusement once the door is closed behind her. "Oh... oh Neorah that was priceless. I can't believe they fell for that." She glances over at the entrance to downstairs, noting that Axel is (still) hiding behind Cyan, and Kirei is standing behind Axel trying to pretend that he isn't hiding.

"Alright boys, they're gone for at least the next couple hours. Feel free to worship me," she says, flicking her hair over her shoulder with a sunny smile.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wishful Thinking: Voyage of the Sun   

Back to top Go down

Wishful Thinking: Voyage of the Sun
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1