USARoleplayers
Hello! To log in, type in your username and password.
If you do not have an account, why not register?
Just read the forum guidelines first before signing up to a whole world of creative amusement!

USARoleplayers is about bringing people together through their creativity and writing skills. It doesn't matter what you like, all sorts of roleplays are welcome on here. Roleplays allow the opportunity to meet new people and you might even discover something new yourself as words can be used to express our life. We welcome all sorts of creative minds here, no matter if you are a novice writer or an experienced one. There are many people here who are able to help you improve sentence structure, character development, and word choice. But most importantly, roleplaying is about having fun and connecting with others.

All the Roleplaying Possibilities are Up to You!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 36 on Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:04 am
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Kingdom Hearts: Reflections
by Swampurtz Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:02 pm

» Kingdom Hearts: Reflections (Discussion)
by DuskCorruption Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:05 pm

» Star Guardians Reference
by Raven Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:22 pm

» The Star Guardians: A terrible fanfic by someone who doesn't even play league
by Cat Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:57 pm

» Here, the Sun Rises
by Raven Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:22 pm

» Gamble & Prosper
by DuskCorruption Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:08 pm

» Gamble & Prosper RP Discussion
by Raven Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:20 pm

» Fairy Tail: The 7 temples
by Cat Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:23 pm

» Monthly News - October 2016
by Seek Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:29 pm

» The Nine Rulers
by Cat Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:16 am

Check out our Affilates!

Share | 

Character Interviews

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ink
Banned
Banned

Roleplay Characters
Roleplay1:
Roleplay2:
Roleplay3:

PostSubject: Character Interviews   Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:45 am

Conducting Character Interviews are a handy way for any writer to get inside their character's head.  It helps develop a voice for that character, flesh out that character's past, and establish pre-existing character development without even writing the story.  It can be handy to turn towards when writing a particular character to see how they might respond to a situation.  There are tons of character interview templates around the internet, but this is the one I like, in particular.

LASSY:

Part 1: The Basics

What is your full name?
• My full name is Sally Annabel Star.  But people just call me Lassy.  Daddy used to call me that when I was real little.  Guess it stuck.  Been havin’ people call me that for as long as I can remember.

Where and when were you born?
• I was born in a little town called Cinderwood in the Frontier Territory of Grandus.  As for the date, that’d be the 20th of Galmera, 594 – 4E.

Who are/were your parents? (Know their names, occupations, personalities, etc.)
• Well, I can’t say a whole lot about momma. She up and skipped town on daddy and me when I was little.  Think they were havin’ troubles or something.  I’ve seen her since then, but we don’t talk much.  No bad blood between us.  It’s just… awkward.  As for daddy, he was somethin’ else.  He was my hero, growin’ up.  His name was William.  Sheriff William Star, officially.  Ma’s name was Milly.  Daddy was real sweet.  But also tough.  He wanted me to know I could do whatever I set my mind to.  Even the stuff people say only boys are any good at.  He’d encourage me to do the right thing and stand up for people, including myself.

Do you have any siblings? What are/were they like?
• Nope.  I’m a one of a kind Star child.

Where do you live now, and with whom? Describe the place and the person/people.
• Well, I don’t really live in any one place.  I travel an awful lot.  Cinderwood will pretty much always be my home, though.  It’s a quiet little town, or was.  There are ranches and wide open spaces for miles.  Sky’s pretty much always blue.  The town’s big but it ain’t so big that it cuts into the view of the sky during the day or the stars at night.  No really tall buildings, I mean.  And surprisingly not a whole lot of noise.  It’s all nice ‘n’ cozy!

What is your occupation?
• Well, officially I’m part of the territory’s Monster Control Unit.  We never really called ourselves that, though.  We all liked the name “Frontier Fighters” because it sounded dramatic.  Anyway, I’m on leave at the moment.  I find work as a bounty hunter.  None of the sleazy jobs, though.  I go after the crooks and other wanted felons.

Write a full physical description of yourself. You might want to consider factors such as: height, weight, race, hair and eye color, style of dress, and any tattoos, scars, or distinguishing marks.
• Eh? What kind of question is that?  Well… I guess I’m about 5’10” or 5’11”.  Got a full head of burnin’ red hair, tied up in a nice, big ponytail.  Got blue eyes and freckles, too.  Only got one lastin’ scar, thanks to my alchemy skills.  It’s on my left arm, but I just tie a red cloth around it.  Back when I was a still an ankle biter, training with swords I got myself a friendly gash in that arm.  We Frontier Folks generally dress for the heat and for work.  I mostly wear vests and buckaroo hats, I s’pose.  Also wear jeans and cuffed boots a lot.  Good for traveling.  Oh, and I have a poncho I’ll wear from time to time.  Uh… never mind why.  I’ll just say it gets real old, real quick, havin’ people… starin’.

To which social class do you belong?
• Heck if I know.  Doesn’t much matter to me.  Long as Cinderwood stands and all the people I care about are there, I’m the richest girl on Vangelon.  But if I gotta answer, then I guess technically middle or so.  Bein’ a glorified cop has its perks.

Do you have any allergies, diseases, or other physical weaknesses?
• I don’t do too well with bee stings, but I got a tonic fer that.

Are you right- or left-handed?
• Right.

What does your voice sound like?
• I dunno.  Kinda middle ranged, I guess.  With a thick Frontier accent.

What words and/or phrases do you use very frequently?
• What, are you serious?  I’m a country girl.  You know how many phrases and sayin’s we got that nobody else has?  But I guess if ya want somethin’ unique to me, then I do say “It’s rodeo time” a lot.  It’s kinda like my battle cry.

What do you have in your pockets?
• A pocket watch.  ‘Bout it, really.

Do you have any quirks, strange mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics?
• Hard question for a girl to answer.  If ya have a quirk, most times ya wouldn’t know it til someone pointed it out to ya, right?  To you it’s just normal.  I suppose I’ve got a real short temper, but that’s not really a big thing.
• K: Cutting in!
• Wha- hey!
• K: Whenever she gets REALLY mad, she throws off her hat and poncho like a warning signal.  Oooh, and she hits anyone she catched staring at her boo-
• All right, that’s enough outta you!
• K: Mmf! Mmph!

Part 2: Growing Up

How would you describe your childhood in general?
• Geez.  I haven’t really been a kid since I was ten years old.  Up until then it was real nice ‘n’ easy.  Then daddy died and I had to step up to the plate.  Started training when I was ten.  Didn’t have much time for a childhood once that got started.

What is your earliest memory?
• Horseback ridin’ with daddy.

How much schooling have you had?
• Finished formal school.  Graduated at 16 ((The average graduation age in Vangelon is 16, rather than 18)).

Did you enjoy school?
• Not nearly as much as I enjoyed trainin’ with daddy’s Gunsabre.  Oh, and I didn’t go to that fancy academy overseas.  The Frontier’s MCU decided to pick me up right out the gate and trained me on site for that.  That was full of more memories than I can count.  Not all of ‘em good, though.

Where did you learn most of your skills and other abilities?
• I’m more book smart than people wanna give me credit for, but most of what I use in my day-to-day was taught to me during my MCU training.

While growing up, did you have any role models? If so, describe them.
• Just daddy.  Never looked up to anyone else the same way.

While growing up, how did you get along with the other members of your family?
• Me and daddy were real close.  Didn’t really have any other family.

As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
• What didn’t I want to be when I was a kid?  I think I remember once I said I wanted to be a cook.  In a way, that kinda came true.  I am a real good cook.

As a child, what were your favorite activities?
• Horseback ridin’, mostly.  Havin’ cookouts and running around with the other kids.  We’d actually play like we were the MCU.  Sorta like how other kids play cops and robbers, y’know?

As a child, what kinds of personality traits did you display?
• Oh, I was a nightmare.  I was loud as can be, bossy, and real competitive.  I was a bit of a sore loser, too.  But I was at least pretty much always tough.  Probably too tough for my own good, lookin’ back.

As a child, were you popular? Who were your friends, and what were they like?
• Just a couple of schoolyard pokes that I haven’t really talked to since I was nine.  We were far from inseparable.  Rambunctious kid named Julian was one.  Little Cindy May was the girly girl.  And then there was Brock.  Quiet kid.  Real cautious.  Knew not to let us get in over our heads.

When and with whom was your first kiss?
• Uh… well, about that…

If you are a supernatural being (i.e. mage, werewolf, vampire), tell the story of how you became what you are or first learned of your own abilities. If you are just a normal human, describe any influences in your past that led you to do the things you do today.
• What, you mean like the Zum or Non?  I ain’t THAT special.  Just a regular ol’ human.  I do what I do because I lead daddy’s example.  “Any fight for justice is a fight worth having.”

Part 3: Past Influences

What do you consider the most important event of your life so far?
• Most important doesn’t mean I have to like it, right?  Because, honestly… if daddy never died, I’d probably be a whole different person.

Who has had the most influence on you?
• If I can’t answer everything with “daddy,” then I guess the next best thing would be to talk about my MCU Captain.  Guy’s not from the Frontier.  Heck, he’s not even from Grandus.  He’s from Mazde Yarde.  Dresses himself up like a knight.  Goddess knows he must boil inside that suit of his.  Came all the way from the Academy and really showed me a lot about what I was capable of.  Guess he ain’t too bad on the eyes, either.  He’s a good chunk of the reason we beat Dominix a couple years back.

What do you consider your greatest achievement?
• A prouder person might say “Beating up a despot”.  But I’m just happy I was able to master this tricky little weapon.  Daddy’s Gunsabre’s gotten me through a lot.

What is your greatest regret?
• Hey, I’m only human.  Can’t be everywhere at once.  Somewhere there are people gettin’ put through the ringer and there’s nothin’ I can do about it.

What is the most evil thing you have ever done?
• I dunno. Harmless pranks on the gang back in the MCU?

Do you have a criminal record of any kind?
• Someone somewhere probably sees me as a crook, but the same can be said for anyone.  Technically our gang committed treason one time, but that was to save the region.  We were cleared afterwards.

When was the time you were the most frightened?
• I’ve fought animals, monsters, and all kinds of evil people.  I’ve faced down whole battleships and nearly died more times than I can count.  But when daddy died… you ever felt alone?  Not that you were literally alone or were just lonely.  I mean feeling completely and totally alone.  Regardless of who’s around you.  It’s a scary feeling.  Words can’t really describe it, but it ain’t pleasant.

What is the most embarrassing thing ever to happen to you?
• Other than every time the rascal opens her mouth?
• K: I heard that!
• Can’t think of any-
• Nebu: How can can a so-called “Defender of Justice” so easily lie to the nice interviewer.  Peaking into your mind earlier, I believe I saw something of an event regarding a hot spring, a towel much too small for your-
• Uwah! Quiet, you!

If you could change one thing from your past, what would it be, and why?
• Nothin’ really.  Much as I want daddy back… his death wasn’t in vain.  So far be it for me to muck up all that by selfishly calling him up from his grave.  Besides, he’s probably just dusty old bones by now, right? Ehehe…

What is your best memory?
• Funny thing about that.  You’d think it’d have somethin’ to do with daddy, but, really, I think my best memory is that celebration we had after the gang and I save the region.

What is your worst memory?
• While I was trainin’, I wasn’t originally as focused as I ought to have been.  One time I was havin’ a really bad day.  I nearly quit and I threw daddy’s Gunsadre on the ground.  Ya might think it’s just a weapon, but to me it’s like throwin’ what’s left of daddy away.  Like throwin’ a toy.  It felt wrong.  Dirty.  I haven’t felt that low since.  And I’ve definitely felt low.

Part 4: Beliefs And Opinions

Are you basically optimistic or pessimistic?
• Hope for the best, but expect the worst.

What is your greatest fear?
• Uh… well… I’m not too comfortable in tight spaces.  And I’m, um… uncomfortable with heights.

What are your religious views?
• Never gave it much thought.  Weird thing to spend time trying to imagine.  Neorah.  The Spirit World.  But holdin’ daddy’s Gunsabre… it’s almost like I’m holdin’ a little bit of his spirit.

What are your political views?
• I don’t care who’s in charge, long as they don’t try to stop me from doin’ what’s right.

Are you able to kill? Under what circumstances do you find killing to be acceptable or unacceptable?
• In self defense, sure.  Otherwise, it’s wholesale murder.  Don’t much care how much I do or don’t like the poor varmint.  I’m no one’s judge, jury, or executioner.  I’m just the net.

In your opinion, what is the most evil thing any human being could do?
• Unforgivable offenses?  Theft.  And not of personal possessions.  Theft of loved ones.  Theft of choices and freedom.  Take a few bucks?  Whatever.  Take someone’s rights?  We got us a problem.

Do you believe in the existence of soul mates and/or true love?
• Not particularly, no.  Not much of a romantic.  What happens, happens.  Plenty of fish in the sea.

What do you believe makes a successful life?
• To go out knowing you’ve left the world just a little bit better than when you showed up.

How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings (i.e. do you hide your true self from others, and in what way)?
• I’ll tell you what’s on my mind, usually.  I don’t go around hidin’ stuff, often.  But we all got our scars.  There are always those things we just don’t like to talk about.  I don’t go lying about it.  I just let people know I don’t intend to “enlighten” ‘em.

Do you have any biases or prejudices?
• Not really.  I used to admittedly have trouble with monsters.  But I’ve met a few of the smart ones.  Can’t rightly discriminate after that.  Guess they aren’t all just mindless killing machines.

Is there anything you absolutely refuse to do under any circumstances? Why do you refuse to do it?
• I can be girly from time to time, believer it or not, but I absolutely will not stoop to using my gender as a tool.

Who or what, if anything, would you die for (or otherwise go to extremes for)?
• The older I get, the less and less likely it becomes that I’m gonna have the luxury of dyin’ in bed.  I can’t say no to a fight, really, if it’s for a worthwhile cause.  I’m probably gonna die fightin’ to protect the people I care about or to uphold the ideals I hold dear.

Part 5: Relationships With Others

In general, how do you treat others (politely, rudely, by keeping them at a distance, etc.)? Does your treatment of them change depending on how well you know them, and if so, how?
• I treat ya like you treat me.  I’m a friend to anyone who treats me like one and a pain to anyone that decides to be a pain to me.

Who is the most important person in your life, and why?
• Right now?  Please don’t tell the rascal I said it, but… K might be a pain in the rump.  We scrap from time to time.  But she’s the reason I’m along for this little ride.  And it’s been more of a learning experience than anything I’ve seen so far.

Who is the person you respect the most, and why?
• I respect a lot of people.  But next to daddy, no one’s inspire the same respect outta me than Cap.  Back in the MCU, Cap just knew how to move the gang.  He could bark orders at any of us and we’d do whatever he said.  He just had this way of makin’ people wanna follow him to oblivion and back and help him out.  Kinda like the rasc-… oh Goddess.

Who are your friends? Do you have a best friend? Describe these people.
• Friends?  Hm… well, shucks, now that I think about it… I’m one social critter!  I have a heckuva lot of friends.  Guess back in the MCU my closest friend was Cap.  I was Co-Captain so we worked real closely a lot.

Do you have a spouse or significant other? If so, describe this person.
• Nope.

Have you ever been in love? If so, describe what happened.
• Nope.

What do you look for in a potential lover?
• Dunno. Not Lookin’.

How close are you to your family?
• Aside from the estranged mother, don’t have any.

Have you started your own family? If so, describe them. If not, do you want to? Why or why not?
• These questions are gettin’ mighty repetitive.

Who would you turn to if you were in desperate need of help?
• Cap or Tera are always reliable.  Sira and her gang also promised to keep in touch.  All of ‘em good people I know I can count on.

Do you trust anyone to protect you? Who, and why?
• Not particularly.  Nothin’ against anyone.  But I don’t need anyone to protect me.  I can watch my own hide.

If you died or went missing, who would miss you?
• The gang back in Cinderwood.  K would probably miss havin’ someone around to show her how to fight.  Can’t say for the rest of the Miracle Crew.  Oh, that’s… what K decided we should call ourselves.  Suppose we really are a pretty tightly knit crew.  They just might miss me.

Who is the person you despise the most, and why?
• Punish the offense, pity the offender. I don’t waste my energy hatin’ on anyone.  It ain’t healthy.

Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict?
• Can we just pretend the rascal doesn’t count? Seriously. K could pick a fight with a boulder.  But, fine.  If you must know, I have always had a short temper. Not as short as hers, but I’ve had my fits and fusses with people.  I try to avoid it when I can.

Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations?
• More than I’m comfortable with.  Cap kept puttin’ me in charge of stuff back in the MCU.  And now, here I am, teachin’ the rascal how to fight and chauffeurin’ her around the region.

Do you like interacting with large groups of people? Why or why not?
• Oh, yeah.  I love a good hoedown! Work hard, play hard! And the more the merrier!  Ya should’a seen the party we threw after the MCU beat Dominix.

Do you care what others think of you?
• Depends on who they are.

Part 6: Likes And Dislikes

What is/are your favorite hobbies and pastimes?
• Goddess, I love horseback riding.  And cooking is a great escape from that rough world around us, right?  Love sightseein’, too.  Part of the reason I left Cinderwood to become a bounty hunter.  Somethin’ I guess I really miss from back n the MCU was sparring.  No one in this little troupe can really level with me yet, so sparring’s out.  But the one thing I think I love doin’ more than all of it?  Storytelling.  I’m not the Great Grandalian Novelist or anything, but I just love the feelin’ of sittin’ around a campfire, tellin’ stories. Ghost stories, stories of daring crusaders and valiant adventurers, war stories, memories.  It’s a hard feeling to try and describe.

What is your most treasured possession?
• Daddy’s Gunsabre.  Like I said before, it’s almost like there’s a little piece of his spirit or somethin’ still in it.

What is your favorite color?
• Red.

What is your favorite food?
• What else? Steak!

What, if anything, do you like to read?
• K: Based on all the books I found in her bag, I’d say roma- mmf!
• Shut it, you! Ehehehe… I’m… not much of a reader.

What is your idea of good entertainment (consider music, movies, art, etc.)?
• Loud music and hangin’ around with the people who mean the most to ya, makin’ fun of one another!

Do you smoke, drink, or use .? If so, why? Do you want to quit?
• Oh, I can drink like a pro and hold it all down like nothin’.  And I’ve never been drunk!  That’s gotta be some kind of record, right?

How do you spend a typical Saturday night?
• No such thing as “typical” with me.  Every day’s a whole new adventure.

What makes you laugh?
• Havin’ fun. What else?

What, if anything, shocks or offends you?
• People find whole new and original ways to be crooked every day.

What would you do if you had insomnia and had to find something to do to amuse yourself?
• Polish the Gunsabre.

How do you deal with stress?
• Usually cookin’ or hittin’ stuff.

Are you spontaneous, or do you always need to have a plan?
• I prefer havin’ plans, but ya gotta be adaptable.  Plans can fall apart.

What are your pet peeves?
• Arrogance, for sure.  And there’s always those pigs who don’t recognize my face is up here.

Part 7: Self Images And Etc.

Describe the routine of a normal day for you. How do you feel when this routine is disrupted?
• Don’t have a routine, really.  On most uneventful days I Gets up, travel a bit or looks around town and work towards my next bounty.  I’ll get ready for it, maybe buy some gear, and be on my way.

What is your greatest strength as a person?
• I like to think I’m reliable.  I do my darnedest not to let anybody down.

What is your greatest weakness?
• I have a bucketful of weaknesses.  You’re askin’ me to pick the biggest one?  I dunno.  I got a short temper, sometimes I can be a bit full of myself, I the list goes on.

If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
• K: She’s probably reduce her- Mmf!
• Didn’t I tell you to shut up?!

Are you generally introverted or extroverted?
• I guess I’m extra.  I love bein’ around people, long as it’s people I’m familiar with.  Keeps up my energy.

Are you generally organized or messy?
• One might not expect this from a Frontier girl, but… I’m actually a bit of a neat freak. Ehehehe…

Name three things you consider yourself to be very good at, and three things you consider yourself to be very bad at.
• I can cook, I can fight, and I can shoot.  Not so great at singin’ or playin’ instruments and machines just outright hate me.

Do you like yourself?
• Huh? What kind of question is that? ‘Course I do!

What are your reasons for being an adventurer (or doing the strange and heroic things that RPG characters do)? Are your real reasons for doing this different than the ones you tell people in public? (If so, detail both sets of reasons...)
• I wouldn’t go around lyin’ about why I do what I do.  Daddy believed in trying to leave the world better than when ya showed up in it.  So that’s what I intend to do.  Sure I also happen to like sight seein’, but at the end of the day, I’m a Frontier Fighter.  Justice can’t fight for itself.

What goal do you most want to accomplish in your lifetime?
• Not a big lifetime accomplishment type of girl.  I just strive to make sure every new day is better than the last.

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
• Fightin’

If you could choose, how would you want to die?
• Nice as it’d be to go quietly in my sleep, I don’t see it happening.

If you knew you were going to die in 24 hours, name three things you would do in the time you had left.
• Treat every day like it’s your last, huh?  Guess I’d head back to Cinderwood.  I’d make sure to say goodbye to everyone.  I’d visit daddy’s grave, one last time to give back that piece of him I kinda stole all those years ago.  Then… maybe watch a sunset.

What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death?
• When people leave this world, ya always hear the others sayin’ “He was a fighter.”  And not to take that away from ‘em or anything.  Dyin’ slow like that is a whole war, on its own.  But if people are gonna remember me for anything, I want ‘em to say I was a fighter.  But not for my life.  For theirs.

What three words best describe your personality?
• Confident, Dependable, and… hm…
• Nebu: Hotheaded?
• Will you people butt out?!

What three words would others probably use to describe you?
• K: Loud.
• Nebu: Temperamental.
• Synn: Bouncy!
• …Sometimes I wanna kill you lot.

If you could, what advice would you, the writer, give to your character? (You might even want to speak as if he or she were sitting right here in front of you, and use proper tone so he or she might heed your advice...)
• I’d be sure to tell her what she’s doing is great and that she should keep up the good work, but she needs to remember to take a break every once in a while.  And I don’t mean going to sleep when need be or anything.  I mean taking a legitimate vacation from all her justice defending work.

Last edited by Ink on Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
EonArashi
Pen Wielder
Pen Wielder

Humor : Of course. A humor section. After all, everyone knows that the best way to tell a joke is to have no context, and just improv on the fly *rolls eyes*

PostSubject: Re: Character Interviews   Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:22 pm

This is a great idea. I'm going to done one of these for Kirei.
Back to top Go down
EonArashi
Pen Wielder
Pen Wielder

Humor : Of course. A humor section. After all, everyone knows that the best way to tell a joke is to have no context, and just improv on the fly *rolls eyes*

PostSubject: Re: Character Interviews   Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:38 pm

To be frank, I'm going to have Kirei be as honest as possible for this interview, because if he was his normal secretive self, nothing would get accomplished by it.

Kirei:

What is your full name?
• Kirei Souichiro Katsugiya. Some call me "Dark Gunner" Katsugiya, but, but I simply go by Kirei.

Where and when were you born?
• I was born in Kantor City, in 590-4E.

Who are/were your parents? (Know their names, occupations, personalities, etc.)
• My father was Norikata Katsugiya. He was a mage by trade, and like most mages, was extremely dedicated to his craft. Too dedicated, in fact. His greed for developing his craft led him to constantly tormenting my sister Shirei into producing higher and higher levels of our Origin magecraft. Eventually, I killed him for it. My mother Meirei was far more kind. As she didn't have our Shadow Origin, she didn't suffer for it like my sister did. She died trying to keep stop my sister from losing herself completely after she went insane from Noritaka's torture.

Noritaka:

Meirei:

Do you have any siblings? What are/were they like?
• Shirei Katsugiya. She was my older sister by about six years. She was driven insane by Noritaka's constant abuse, and later lost control over her Shadow Origin. My mother died before I could stop her, but afterwards during one of her more lucid moments, she begged me to kill her so that she wouldn't kill me first the next time she lost control. To my shame, I did.

Shirei- Before Insanity:

Shirei- After Insanity:

Where do you live now, and with whom? Describe the place and the person/people.
• I don't really live anywhere. I simply travel as needed for my job as a mercenary. Kishiou's house in Agrabah is probably the closest I've had to a home in almost four years.

What is your occupation?
• I'm a mercenary. In Vangelon, that's basically a catch-all term for most bodyguards, hired killers, vigilantes, monster hunters, and information brokers. I fall under all five categories. I tend to prefer everything but killing people, but I tend to get hired only to kill people. Irony is a b*tch.

Write a full physical description of yourself. You might want to consider factors such as: height, weight, race, hair and eye color, style of dress, and any tattoos, scars, or distinguishing marks.
• ...why the- Never mind. I'm about 5'9" and 160 lbs. I have spiky black hair that refuses to cooperate with any style, and it tends to break hairbrushes. My eyes are storm cloud grey. I wear a black suit and tie over a white dress shirt as my typical attire; it presents an image of controlled competence and professionalism which I've always found useful. I have many scars, but none can really be used to identify me. No tattoos.

To which social class do you belong?
• Depends on the day and whether or not I can get to my contacts or finances without blowing a cover or letting someone get a trace on me. I've had to live like a hobo for upwards of a month at a time before.

Do you have any allergies, diseases, or other physical weaknesses?
• No.

Are you right- or left-handed?
• Ambidexterous, but I tend to prefer my right simply because society is made for right-handed people.

What does your voice sound like?
• Oddly, it's slightly higher pitched than most people tend to think, more of a low tenor than a baritone. I tend to have a raspy voice because I smoke and because I don't talk much.

What words and/or phrases do you use very frequently?
• "Point of contention" tends to pop up a lot for whatever reason. I don't really talk enough to have any sort of signature phrase.

What do you have in your pockets?
• ...it might be easier to list what I don't have in my pockets.

Do you have any quirks, strange mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics?
• Well, n-
• Kishiou: Yes. Several of them.
• Wha- Kishiou, this is my interview! Why are you here?
• Kishiou: He barely sleeps, half-starves himself, and tends to try to speak without talking. Also-
• Okay, stop- gargh! *Kishiou grabs him in a hug to shut him up*
• -he reacts really badly to being touched. Well, at least when it's not me.
• *wheeze wheeze gasp*

Part 2: Growing Up

How would you describe your childhood in general?
• I would rather not describe it at all.

What is your earliest memory?
• ...my mother, teaching me how to climb a tree. I fell off, but she helped me up and bandaged my knee, then showed me how to do it the right way.

How much schooling have you had?
• I never had much formal schooling. I was homeschooled by my mother until her death, then I learned whatever I wanted or needed on my own.

Did you enjoy school?
• I enjoy learning. If I'd had to go to an actual school, I would have killed someone or something within about two months.

Where did you learn most of your skills and other abilities?
• I'm almost entirely self-taught. My training with my Origin can mainly be attributed to my sister, but otherwise my fighting skills are mostly my own or copied from either allies or enemies.

While growing up, did you have any role models? If so, describe them.
• My mother was my primary role model growing up. The only reason I don't follow her example now is because it would be counterproductive when I lead such a blood-soaked existence.

While growing up, how did you get along with the other members of your family?
• Don't know them, don't care about them.

As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
• ...I wanted to be a pastry chef, actually. I still enjoy baking, but I rarely get the chance anymore. I loved making treats for people, spreading happiness. And I liked that I could interact with customers, and form relationships with the regulars and other businesses. It would have been ideal to me. Perhaps that's why I cultivated such a wide information network. Hm...

As a child, what were your favorite activities?
• Baking, playing with the neighbor's dogs, and learning from my mother and sister.

As a child, what kinds of personality traits did you display?
• Precocious, blunt, but happy. I... remember being very happy and trying to live life to the fullest.

As a child, were you popular? Who were your friends, and what were they like?
• No. I had no friends my own age. My sister was probably the closest I had.

When and with whom was your first kiss?
• I was fourteen... and my mentor at the time had the bright idea to get us a room in a brothel. Needless to say, my hormones were my downfall that day. Thinking about that still makes me cringe.

If you are a supernatural being (i.e. mage, werewolf, vampire), tell the story of how you became what you are or first learned of your own abilities. If you are just a normal human, describe any influences in your past that led you to do the things you do today.
• I was first taught to influence my conceptual Origin Magic when I was four, as was custom in the family. I spent four years learning, primarily from my sister. As for why I decided to become a mercenary... well, I knew I could fight. That I could kill. And I wanted to do something constructive with it, rather than just tear apart my life trying to better my magic like Noritaka did. Besides... I suppose I was angry. I was young and alone and stupid.

Part 3: Past Influences

What do you consider the most important event of your life so far?
• Hm... probably saving Kishiou. Helping her, turning her life around... it brought me out of the bad place I had sunk into after Kurome died. I owe her more than I can ever say.

Who has had the most influence on you?
• My wife, Kurome. When I met her, I was little better than a killing machine, even though I hated being one. She taught me how to enjoy life again, how to be a person rather than a weapon. I loved her.

What do you consider your greatest achievement?
• Keeping Kishiou from killing herself, and then helping her turn her life around.

What is your greatest regret?
• ...don't ask me that. I have too many regrets. They're too heavy. If I look through them, it'll just crush me.

What is the most evil thing you have ever done?
• ...killing Shirei. She wanted to die, but she didn't need to. It wasn't like Noritaka, who was a jerk. It wasn't like Kurome, who I had to kill to save more people's lives. Shirei could have lived a fairly normal life. She was just scared to try, and I killed her because I didn't want her to suffer.

Do you have a criminal record of any kind?
• ...I am a hired killer with three-hundred high-profile marks to my name. I've been a mercenary since I was twelve. The f*ck do you think?

When was the time you were the most frightened?
• ...have you ever faced an opponent who outclassed you as easily as you outclassed a new fighter? That is terrifying. Facing Tokiyomi was terrifying in hindsight, but I was so enraged and despairing at the time that I didn't even notice until it was over. I couldn't get my hands to stop shaking for almost five hours.

What is the most embarrassing thing ever to happen to you?
• Kishiou, I swear to Neorah. No. Shut up.
• Kishiou: So, an interesting story here... when I was recovering from my depression, Kirei suggested that I go to the onsen. So I had a grand time, but Kirei...
• Vixen, I swear I will lock you in a closet filled with cleaning supplies if you don't-
• Kishiou: ANYWAY, Kirei gets bumped into while he's standing near the door to the women's baths and stumbles out into the female swimming area before falling face-first into the pool. I then had the pleasure of watching the most feared mercenary in the world get beaten up by thirty naked women.
• ...that's it. Closet time. *grabs Kishi*
• Kishiou: Wah! Noooooo!

If you could change one thing from your past, what would it be, and why?
• Nothing. If I did change anything, then there are many lives I might not have saved. And no matter how much I wish I could save my loved ones, I can't weigh their lives against one another. I have many regrets. But I wouldn't change them for anything.

What is your best memory?
• You'd think it would be something with my wife, but my best memory is actually the first time I made Kishiou laugh. She had been depressed for a while, but after the, er... onsen incident that she mentioned earlier... *glares at closet* ...she didn't laugh. But when I made a pun about it being a steamy situation, she actually laughed, like she'd been holding back for a long time. No matter how lame the joke was, she still laughed and was still happy because of me. And that made all my effort trying to bring her back from the brink worthwhile.  

What is your worst memory?
• ...Kurome smiling at me as she died. She was glad that I had stopped her before the power that was using her as a channel broke free and killed innocent people, but... it was almost like she was glad that I had killed her. I sometimes wake up at night, sobbing, because of that memory.

Part 4: Beliefs And Opinions

Are you basically optimistic or pessimistic?
• I'd like to say I'm a realist, but I'm definitely more pessimistic that I should be.

What is your greatest fear?
• ...becoming a heartless killer. Like my targets. It's why I commissioned Sabrina to build a dead-man's switch into my body.

What are your religious views?
• I have no interest in gods, because I doubt they have any interest in me. As long as they leave me alone, I'll leave them alone.

What are your political views?
Politics. Pah. If it was possible without throwing the world into mass chaos, I would eliminate most governments in the world today. Political systems are corrupt, almost by design. And the more safety checks in place to stop corruption from taking root, the harder it becomes to get rid of.

Are you able to kill? Under what circumstances do you find killing to be acceptable or unacceptable?
• Very. Killing shouldn't be one's last resort. If you can resolve a situation in saving more lives by taking one, I believe killing is acceptable. However, one should never enjoy killing, or feel nothing when they kill someone. That's just a slippery slope.

In your opinion, what is the most evil thing any human being could do?
• Abuse, torture, or assault. assault especially. Betrayal of someone who trusts you is also unforgivable. You want a surefire way to make me kill you? Do one of the four in front of me.

Do you believe in the existence of soul mates and/or true love?
• No. Love is an emotion like any other, if a particularly strong one. Any notions to the contrary are just a security blanket against the harsh nature of reality. That's not to say that it's a bad thing to have such notions, just unrealistic.

What do you believe makes a successful life?
• As long as at least one person thinks of you when you're gone with fondness, and can smile at your memory, that's enough. In that sense, I suppose my life isn't very successful.
• Kishiou: ...*sigh* Idiot.
• What?
• Kishiou: Nothing.

How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings (i.e. do you hide your true self from others, and in what way)?
• Kishiou: Yes, he hides. All the time. Kirei is like a chestnut. Hard, spiny shell on the outside to keep the world away from his softer center.
• *glares at interfering fox girl*

Do you have any biases or prejudices?
• I tend to dislike criminals on principle, though given my profession, I suppose that's hypocritical of me.

Is there anything you absolutely refuse to do under any circumstances? Why do you refuse to do it?
• Torture. Or the betrayal of anyone who trusts me. Even if it would be easier.

Who or what, if anything, would you die for (or otherwise go to extremes for)?
• Dying... really isn't a big deal. Only Kishiou's insistence has kept me from trying to sacrifice myself for some worthy cause.

Part 5: Relationships With Others

In general, how do you treat others (politely, rudely, by keeping them at a distance, etc.)? Does your treatment of them change depending on how well you know them, and if so, how?
• I tend to keep people at a polite distance. I'm not unfriendly, but I'm not friendly either. Only people I trust get to see more of what I'm really like.

Who is the most important person in your life, and why?
• Kishiou, now. She's basically the only person who cares about me as more than an investment or weapon.

Who is the person you respect the most, and why?
• Kishiou, again.

Who are your friends? Do you have a best friend? Describe these people.
• Kishiou is about the only "friend" I have. I suppose Sabrina and I are on good terms, but I wouldn't really call us friends. We have a good working relationship, but next to nothing else.

Do you have a spouse or significant other? If so, describe this person.
• I don't anymore. Kurome... challenged me. She challenged me to be a better person, debated with me, made me think. She matched me, in a way nobody else ever had.
Kurome:

Have you ever been in love? If so, describe what happened.
• Yes. No.

What do you look for in a potential lover?
• At this point, I'm not looking.

How close are you to your family?

Have you started your own family? If so, describe them. If not, do you want to? Why or why not?
• I honestly don't even know anymore... *mopes darkly*
• Kishiou: *sigh*

Who would you turn to if you were in desperate need of help?
• Honestly, if I was actually truly desperate, I would try not to burden anyone else with my problem.
• Kishiou: *smacks Kirei upside the head*
• Argh. What was that for?
• Kishiou: *glares*

Do you trust anyone to protect you? Who, and why?
• Kishiou. If I was in a situation where protection would be required, there would be no one better.

If you died or went missing, who would miss you?
• ...for my skills? Many. As a person? Probably only Kishiou.

Who is the person you despise the most, and why?
• Tokiyomi Matou. Even dead, I hate him. Kurome's death was caused by him.

Tokiyomi:

Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict?
• Avoid. Conflict draws attention, which I don't like.

Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations?
• No. Always stay in the background; you learn more that way.

Do you like interacting with large groups of people? Why or why not?
• I have no preference either way.

Do you care what others think of you?
• Only if I care about them.

Part 6: Likes And Dislikes

What is/are your favorite hobbies and pastimes?
• I enjoy baking. Always have. Other than that, not much.

What is your most treasured possession?
• I have a pressed iris flower that Kurome gave me, for courage. I always keep it close to my heart.

What is your favorite color?
• ...I like baby blue, actually.

What is your favorite food?
• Hm... I'd have to say honey mustard chicken. I rarely eat it, but when I do, I tend to overindulge.

What, if anything, do you like to read?
• Poetry is always nice.

What is your idea of good entertainment (consider music, movies, art, etc.)?
• Classical and orchestral music is some of the best entertainment in the world. Other than that, I enjoy seeing a play with a happy ending every once in a while.

Do you smoke, drink, or use substances? If so, why? Do you want to quit?
• I smoke, but my Origin prevents it from damaging me. I only tend to when I need some stress relief... and never around Kishiou, or she'd flay me alive. I tried drinking to drown my sorrows after Kurome died, but it dulled too many necessary senses. I've never gotten high, and never intend to.

How do you spend a typical Saturday night?
• ...do I really strike you as the clubbing type? Why does this question even apply to me?

What makes you laugh?
• Very little. Kishiou tends to bring out more smiles in me than anyone else, but I almost never laugh.

What, if anything, shocks or offends you?
• See previous entries on things I find intolerable or disgusting.

What would you do if you had insomnia and had to find something to do to amuse yourself?
• I often whittle or carve when I can't sleep. I almost have a full set of chess pieces made up, currently.

How do you deal with stress?
• I smoke, if it's really bad. Otherwise, I tend to try and relax by baking, listening to music, or carving and whittling.

Are you spontaneous, or do you always need to have a plan?
• Plans themselves are useless, but the ability to create them is invaluable. So I tend to come up with plans and then adapt them as necessary.

What are your pet peeves?
• I do not like being touched casually. At all. If you're touching me, it had better be for a darn good reason, or you might lose your hand.
• *Kishiou grins because she can get away with this*

Part 7: Self Images And Etc.

Describe the routine of a normal day for you. How do you feel when this routine is disrupted?
• Having a routine is dangerous in my line of work. I tend to have a set of semi-random alternating methods for working through a day at any given time, and swap through scenarios as needed.

What is your greatest strength as a person?
• ...I suppose, my willingness to go on despite the hardships in my life? That's what Kishiou would say, at least.

What is your greatest weakness?
• I don't know.
• Kishiou: I do. He blames himself far too much.

If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
• ...I truly wish I could be better at helping my loved ones.

Are you generally introverted or extroverted?
• Introverted.
• Kishiou: The number of one-word answers is a dead giveaway.
• Oh hush.

Are you generally organized or messy?
• Organization is crucial to my job as a mercenary. Having my contacts and information in order can be the difference between life and death.

Name three things you consider yourself to be very good at, and three things you consider yourself to be very bad at.
• Baking, shooting, and investigating. I'm terrible at letting people get close to me, I can't stop worrying about pointless things, and I dislike depending on others.

Do you like yourself?
• ...no.
• Kishiou: *slaps Kirei upside the head*

What are your reasons for being an adventurer (or doing the strange and heroic things that RPG characters do)? Are your real reasons for doing this different than the ones you tell people in public? (If so, detail both sets of reasons...)
• I do these things to make the world a better place. So that people don't have to go through the same things that I did. I don't tell people in public. If they have to ask, they don't need to know.

What goal do you most want to accomplish in your lifetime?
• I don't have one, at this point.

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
• Facedown in a shallow grave.

If you could choose, how would you want to die?
• ...alone. So that no one would have to suffer from my passing.
• Are you ever going to get tired of doing that?!

If you knew you were going to die in 24 hours, name three things you would do in the time you had left.
• Probably go on a rampage against the criminal underworld, wiping out as many kingpins as possible in the time I have left. I've actually built a plan for that exact scenario.

What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death?
• I'd rather not be remembered at all.
• *growls* Are you on your period, vixen?! Stop that!
• Kishiou: *smacks Kirei again*

What three words best describe your personality?
• Reticent. Repentant. Distant.

What three words would others probably use to describe you?
• Cold. Merciless. Apathetic.

If you could, what advice would you, the writer, give to your character? (You might even want to speak as if he or she were sitting right here in front of you, and use proper tone so he or she might heed your advice...)

You've dealt with a lot of hardships, Kirei. And yet you've continued on the best way you know how. So treasure your companions. Let them in. And remember: a sorrow shared is a sorrow divided. Don't ever give up on living.
Back to top Go down
Ink
Banned
Banned

Roleplay Characters
Roleplay1:
Roleplay2:
Roleplay3:

PostSubject: Re: Character Interviews   Tue May 05, 2015 9:54 pm

Synn:

Interview:

Back to top Go down